“And whenever you stand praying,
if you have anything against anyone,
that your Father in heaven
may also forgive you your trespasses.”
~Mark 11:25, NKJV~
(That doesn’t mean that if you pray while seated, you don’t need to forgive others!)
Pray for Susan Rimes as she has another appointment today. Kidney stones have been a frequent problem the last few years. Let’s pray these last two will soon cease causing her problems.
Please continue to pray for Debbie Miller as she makes some changes to help improve her daily life.
Pray for Mr. Phillip Harrell as he makes a trip today to check on a medical issue. Pray for the family as they continue to be good caregivers.
Sherry Day continues to get good reports. Thank God for her progress.
Pray for a good attendance at Sunday School and worship this week. You can be influenced by these times if you don’t put forth the effort to be there.
Pray for families as they continue to make adjustment to a new school year.
Pray for many of our local families who are dealing with sicknesses and deaths.
Pray for our schools as they influence our children’s lives for a major part of each day.
Read the Bible in 2015 – Psalm 99-101
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scriptures, and a Song
- “The Power of Words” – http://odb.org/
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit. ~Proverbs 18:21~ Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. ~Psalm 19:14~
- “Tell the Good News”
- Four birthday ladies and a number of others celebrated August birthdays yesterday. Thanks to Betty Simpson for taking charge yesterday.
- Tomorrow is our next ladies night, “Follow the Ants to the Picnic”. We will begin with a picnic lunch at 6:15. I hope lots of you will be there for all we have planned including a demonstration of making a sand cake. You don’t want to miss this event. Invite some guests, ladies between 3 and 103 years. No tickets needed.
- Friday’s Bible Study at 10:00 – Rizpah (2 Samuel 21:8-14). Can you tell her story? If not, join us to learn her story.
- This next week is a good time to gather some donations for the Children’s Home. Bring your items to the church any day but Saturday.
- The first Sunday of September will be here soon. I trust you are freezing some food for “Food for Families”. What a blessing it is to others.
Thank you for praying. My family, like yours, has benefitted from the prayers of others.