“Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body.
We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.”
~Romans 12:4-5 NLT~
- Brandon McElveen had five bypasses. He is in his mid-40″s. Thank God for the successful surgery.
- Andy Taylor‘s cataract surgery went well. Pray for Andy and Betty as he recovers,
- Eleanor Morris continues to improve on walking on her new hip. Thank God for allowing her to have this surgery.
- David had a long day yesterday in Baton Rouge including visiting in the High Grove Ochsner that just opened. We were thankful to have Jennie with us and driving. David was able to get his Procrit shot even thought his number was 10.1 because the number was “trending downward”. Pray for David’s energy level and strength to increase.
1950 – 2019
Sandra K Smith, 68, of Lacombe died Friday January 25, 2019 at Lacombe Nursing home. Sandra was born February 2, 1950 in Hicksville, Ohio. She was the daughter of the late Bill (and Joyce) Albertson and the late Beverly Fiig Burt. Sandra was an avid member of the Lions Club. She also loved spending time with her grandchildren. She is survived by her husband Leon (Buck) Smith. She is survived by her son Scott Smith and his wife Kelley Smith. She is survived by her siblings Charles Albertson Sr. Butler, IN; Joana and Neil Bonecutter of Edgerton, OH; Sarah and David Clark of Hicksville, OH; Martha and Kim Elson of Hamilton, IN; and Mary and Tim Algire of Montpelier, OH. She has four grandchildren Tyler Welch of Slidell; Blaine Welch of Slidell; Ryan Welch of Slidell; and Emma Welch of Slidell. She was preceded in death by her parents and grandparents and two siblings. Family and friends are invited to attend a Memorial Service on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 1:00 PM at the Lions Club of Mandeville, 720 Lafitte St., Mandeville, LA 40448. Bagnell & Son Funeral Home, Covington, LA in charge of arrangements. To view and sign the family guest book please visit WWW.bagnellfuneralhome.com.
Read the Bible
- Psalm 119: 116, 117. 145, & 146.
- If you have not received your February Bible reading guide, you can get one at FBC, Kentwood.
Bring cans of soup for “Soup”er Bowl Sunday. They will be given to the Hope Center. Help the Youth on Mission help others.
Baptist Press – http://www.bpnews.net/
Stay alert to the weather situation. Be alert and available to help others.