Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
Good Report – Donnie Travis has another procedure to adjust his shunt. It appears to be right this time. Donnie will have to show how he can function at this level, so he will be hospitalized a little longer. Please continue to pray for Donnie and Deloris.
There are many other prayer needs. Pray for those on your prayer list.
Donna Gail Perrin Denham
October 12, 1945 – December 26, 2022
A resident of Greensburg, LA, passed away on Monday, December 26, 2022 at her home. She was born October 12, 1945 in Albany, GA and was 77 years of age and a former resident of Birmingham, AL. She is survived by her children, Greg Rashall (Jennifer), Nicole Oglesby (Mike) and Larry Rashall (Jocelyn); step-children, Beth Dale, Pete Denham, Matt Denham, Kay Denham, Rhonda Bridevaux (Mack); brother, Mark Perrin (Janice); numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by her husband, Frank Leroy “Billy” Denham, Jr.; parents, Emery Howard “Heidi” Perrin and Frances Marie Perrin; sister, Linda Perrin Kaley. Visitation at McKneely Funeral Home, Amite, from 11:00AM until 12:30PM on Saturday. Graveside Services at 1:00PM on Saturday, December 31, 2022. Interment Greensburg Cemetery, Greensburg, LA. For an online guestbook, visit http://www.mckneelys.com.
READ and WRITE SCRIPTURE TODAY
December 30 – Titus 3: 3-7
TODAY’S PRAYER FOCUS
Today, let’s pray for pastors who must
- Receive reports about bulbs that have burned out and garbage that wasn’t collected
- Maintain and remember date and time for all functions held at the church
- Know when the heating/air system was last serviced
- Make coffee as needed
- Visit homebound members
- Visit those in a number of hospitals
- Know where all members live
- Know when new babies are due
- Preach twice on Sundays and once one Wednesdays
- Be able to put a substitute teacher in a clsooroon on short notice.
- Lead singing as needed
- Know the name of every member of the church
- Conduct funeral services for members and others who may have attended church at “his church” years ago
- Make copies for various people
- Have a key for every door and know which one fits which door
- Address the subject of salvation at VBS and with families in the office or in homes as called upon
- Be able to participate in youth fellowships, especially those that call for competition
- Council couples and perform weddings in churches, homes, and various other places
- Quote any verse when called upon to do so
- Drive the church bus when the scheduled driver had a conflict
- And a thousand other things!!!!!
Today, I hope you will understand pastors better and pray for him more often.
Maybe, there is some other way you can help your pastor. Ask him.
A friend let me knoe the “CONTACT” button at the top of your screen wasn’t working. Jason, my son, helped me fix that, so now you can send requests to me that way.
Be a blessing and an encourager to others today.