Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Wednesday night, after prayer meeting, mission’s class, and youth, we had a visitor at church. It was Nathan Bell. He thanks the adults there who had been great influences on his life, people who encouraged, even pushed him in the right direction. Nathan has served on three foreign fields and hopefully is moving from the west coast to the east coast with his family. He spoke of the influence of FBC, Kentwood on his life. I can say it was a blessing to have been part of those he chose to see that night. Thank-you, Nathan, for being a man who showed your appreciation this week. May God continue to watch over you and your family.
Mrs. Ruby Dillon continues to not feel her best. She will see her doctor Tuesday. Please continue to pray for her.
Mr. John Phillips will be having double knee replacement today. Pray all goes well and that he will be able to walk again when his physical therapy is completed.
December 18, 1965 – July 19, 2017
Operation Christmas Child
- Laura DeBlanc let me know Dirt Cheap in Amite also has composition books 10 for $1.00. Betty Taylor bought some at Dirt Cheap in McComb and Charlene Miller in Hammond. Shop while the supply lasts.
- Bring your items to my Sunday School classroom before Sunday School. I’ll be there early and waiting for you.
- We shopped yesterday and just couldn’t help ourselves, so we also bought some other items we found with good prices.
- Sunday, I will list what we will focus our shopping on next week.
- Remember, it will be a big group effort to pack 350 shoeboxes this year.
“Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party
- Tuesday at 11 A.M.
- The Cafe
- Honors our June Birthday Ladies
- Everyone is invited to join us!
Friday Morning Bible Study
- Fellowship Hall of FBC, Kentwood
- 10 A.M.
- Ezekiel 17
Read the Bible – Nehemiah 1-3 & Psalm 48
Baptist Press – http://bpnews.com
“Open My Eyes that I May See”
- Lyrics – http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Open_My_Eyes_That_I_May_See/
- History – https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/resources/history-of-hymns-open-my-eyes-that-i-may-see
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGxPEv1vU
May God open our eyes to see the opportunities around us.