“For the LORD hears the poor.”
~Psalm 69:33a NKJV~
Pray for our friends, Bruce and Dorothy Fussell, of Livingston. She is recuperating from knee surgery. Yesterday, their daughter took him to the hospital with hernia problems.
Pray for Jeremy Alford’s family as Kristi meets with doctors in Houston at 8:30 this morning.
Christian Smalley has an eye injury and was taken to Ochsner for treatment. He is a high school student.
Jimmy Schwartz continues to get health care at home. He is very sick. Thank God for health care workers who can check on him regularly.
Mr. Burnell Simpson is home and enjoying visits from friends.
Mr. J.D. Smith has received some good medical reports. Pray he continues to do well.
October 18, 1950 – August 23, 2016
Senior Adult Revival
- 9:00 – Fellowship
- 9:30 – Choir Practice
- 10:00 – Worship Service
- Location – New Sharon Baptist Church
- Worship Leader – Kaleb Dykes
- Speaker – Rev. Paul Cantrell
Scripture Writing – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=I+Timothy+6%3A14-16&version=NIV
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Missions Night for Children tonight at 6 P.M.
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Good Medicine” – http://odb.org/2016/10/05/good-medicine-4/
- A cheerful heart is good medicine. ~Proverbs 17:22~ (Yesterday, Mrs. Linda Graves, one of our neighbors, stopped by to visit. She is the “Joy” newsletter person. “Joy” is what she takes with her wherever she goes. She is that “good medicine” for many people.)
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” (He’s even greater than “Miss” Linda! That’s saying a lot, but He is really wonderful.)
Pray for those in the path of Hurricane Matthew and those in places like Haiti who have been left greatly damaged.