When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,
“I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life.
I have had a week to take notice of instances where, as my friend’s shirt says, the church has left the building (and gone into the community). Friend helping friend! Stranger helping stranger! Outsider helper local! Locals helping outsiders! This could go on and on. There is no denying many have needed and received help. Many more still need help. Let’s be the “light” in a dark world.
Scripture Writing – Romans 2:4-6 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=+Romans+2%3A+4-6&version=NIV
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song –
- “At Risk of Falling” – http://odb.org/2016/08/22/at-risk-of-falling/
- If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! ~1 Corinthians 10:12~
- “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”
- Disaster Relief Teams will have breakfast and a devotional at 7 A.M. each day at The Lord’s Church before heading out to their assignments. They would be appreciative of your help. The people you will be helping will be even more appreciative. God will be pleased too.
- The “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party will be tomorrow at 11:00 at The Cafe. We will be honoring ladies with August birthdays. Bring a friend if you would like.
- Children in Action/Mission Friends will meet Wednesday at 6 P.M. Last week, we learned about missionaries in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am so blessed each week as I have the opportunity to work with these children. I hope we have some new boys and girls this week.
- Friday, at Bible study, we will take time to prepare a few more items of Operation Christmas Child. I’m happy to report that the flooding at church mainly caused time and effort. I think the monetary loss is less than $5.00. I thank God for this opportunity.
- Operation Christmas Child – Thank-you to those who brought in items yesterday. I appreciate each donation, but know the boys and girls who receive the “shoeboxes” will appreciate your donations even more.
- Friday morning Bible study will continue learning from John 9. Last week, we found new truths in our study of the blind man Jesus healed. When we study and combine our thoughts, we are able to always learn something that we have overlooked before. Join us if you are interested.
Help others overcome the flood by praying, donating, cooking, clean-out, etc. Just help!