LORD, be gracious to us;
we long for you.
Be our strength every morning,
our salvation in time of distress.
Martha Griffith‘s memorial service has been postponed due to the virus. Please continue to pray for her family.
Pattie Lillie White, formerly of Roseland, passed away. The message is from Kris Lillie.
I’m posting with a heavy heart, my Mom’s Sister Patti passed this morning, she is with my Grandmother and Grandfather in Heaven, as I write this post. She was like a mother to me and my sister and she helped raise us. It’s heard to believe that she is gone but I can’t question anything that God does. She will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to her family, her husband David White, her daughter Brittany White Murphy and her son Brant White. Brittany has 2 children who will miss their grandmother very much. My Mom is really having a hard time dealing with my aunts passing. Please send prayers for my family. I know her children and her husband are having a hard time dealing with this. I last spoke to my aunt about a month ago, but was not able to communicate with her anymore because she was in ICU and not able to communicate. This is like a bad dream or some kind of nightmare that I just can’t wake from. Please just pray for my family. Thanks so much.
Gail Brister’s brother-in-law passed away.
Herbert Payne Weaver, Sr.
March 29, 1935 – August 11, 2020
Herbert Payne Weaver, Sr., a resident of Roseland, LA, passed away on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at North Oaks Medical Center in Hammond, LA. He was born March 29, 1935 in Amory, MS and was 85 years of age. He was a member of the Choctaw Nation, 32nd Degree Mason and Past Master of Independence Lodge # 458, member of The First Baptist Church of Independence, Veteran of U.S. Army during the Korean conflict with the 11th Airborne division and retired District Fire Chief of Jefferson Parish. He is survived by his wife, Barbara Ann Weaver; daughter, Kerry Layne Brown and husband Ricky; 2 sons, Capt. Larry Wayne Weaver and wife, Trudy and Herbert Payne Weaver, Jr. and wife, Bricy; special daughter-in-law, Amanda Dorsa; special son-in-law, Matt Dorsa; 12 grandchildren, Trisha Gambino, Heather Tassin, Laurel Cotton, Isaiah Weaver, Abe Brown, Adam Brown, Sam Weaver, Jr., Chase Weaver, Carson Weaver, Casey Weaver, Trey Weaver and Yoga Mann; 2 special grandchildren, Camryn and Cayli Dorsa; 20 great- grandchildren, Koty Ketchum, Bethany Ketchum, Chrysta Ketchum, Shelby Tassin, Bryce Tassin, Alayna Cotton, Ashira Cotton, Riley Brown, Chloe Brown, Caitlyn Brown, Ezra Brown, Solomon Weaver, Maddox Weaver, Serenity Weaver, Gauge Weaver, Harley Weaver, Haven Weaver, Devin Kelly, Kevin Kelly and Taylor Metz; 2 great-great-grandchildren, Elizabath Ketchum and Elijah Ketchum. Preceded in death by his mother, Louella Harden; father, Word Harden; son, Capt. Samuel Richard Weaver; grandchild, Ricky Brown, Jr. Memorial Services will be held at a later date. McKneely Funeral Home, Amite, in charge of arrangements. For an online guestbook, visit http://www.mckneelys.com.
Read the Bible in 2020 – August 13
- Nehemiah 5:14-7:73
- 1 Corinthians 8:1-13
- Psalm 33:1-11
- Proverbs 21:8-10
Baptist Press – https://www.baptistpress.com/
Today is a good day to focus on some good news.
- God let us wake up.
- Our loved ones are just a phone call away.
- We have air-conditioning for the August temperatures.
- There is food enough to feed a small army in the pantry and freezers.
- Our vehicles have gas and good tires to take us were we need to go.
- Walmart still does grocery pick-up.
- Prayer meeting came to us at home last night.
- Our collection of items for “shoeboxes” is progressing.
- My sister helped me tremendously with the “shoeboxes” this year.
- A friend reported that yesterday was a better day because of no fever.
- Friends call to be sure we are okay.
- Someone asked if we needed anything this week.
- David is so much stronger.
- Doctors have tender hearts and sometimes think about patients as family,
- We will be celebrating 53 years of marriage today.
- I loved being a teacher at school and at church.
- Retirement is wonderful.
- God still loves us and has a place prepared for us.
What’s on your list?