“Search for peace, and work to maintain it.”
~ Peter 3:11 NLT~
Tony Bennett is doing very well following five by-passes yesterday. His heart quickly began working much better than pre-surgery. Thanking God!
Scott Womack‘s heart procedure has been delayed due to a scheduling problem. His surgery is now scheduled for the 20th at St. Tammany. That give us all more time to pray.
Aubrey McMillan‘s surgeon was able to do five of the ten needed by-passes yesterday. Pray for Aubrey as he recovers. Also, pray for Carolyn as she has been having some back problems. She is Aubrey’s primary caregiver.
Rhonda Hendry is recovering nicely form having the remainder of her thyroid removed. Thank God the spot was found now, not later.
Pray for Wayne Landley as he has preparatory work for treatment of his cancer. As you pray for him, pray for Glenda, his primary caregiver.
Pray for Glen Magee as he continues to recover from surgery and makes preparations to return home at the end of the week. Again, think of caregivers who will be helping Glen to recover and move around on the desired timeline.
Mrs. Ruby Dillon injured a shoulder a couple weeks ago. It is better now. She got a good report from the doctor yesterday. Thank God for the shoulder improvement.
Iley Dillon continues to progress following knee surgery. Thank God for his good recovery.
Please continue to pray for Gail M. Smith who is in Tennessee and I.W. Simmons at home in Line Creek. Pray for family members serving as caregivers too.
Operation Christmas Child
- A plastic bowl and spoon is always a good item for a shoe box.
- March is the traditional month to make quality crafts, knit hats, wooden cars, pencil pouches, etc., to share in shoe boxes. You might find some of these at craft shows this spring.
Read the Bible
- Numbers 20-33
- Proverbs 28
- Luke 9
A delivery of Bibles and calendars will be made to the Bible study group at the Tangipahoa Parish Jail tomorrow. Special thanks to those who understand the need for these items and supple them for this ministry.
The Friday morning Bible study is anticipating the study of Romans which begins this week. Anyone with a desire to study this book of the Bible is encouraged to come. Bring your Bible. It will be our guide. If you have a study Bible, bring it. The translation of the Bible you use is a personal choice. One more thing, bring a friend or two. We meet in the fellowship hall of FBC, K at 10 A.M.
Important dates for your calendar:
- Mon., April 16 – WMU Quarterly meeting at Montpelier
- Sat., April 21 – “Hope for You” – Community Outreach
- Sat., April 28 – Housewarming for Louisiana Baptist Children’s Home to be held at Hillsdale Baptist Church and a Priscilla Shirer simulcast at Kentwood FBC. 8-3
- Mon., April 30 – FBC, Amite WMU special meeting with Janie Wise @ 6:30
- Mon., July 16 – Quarterly WMU meeting. at Spring Creek
- Mon., Oct. 15 – Quarterly WMU meeting at FBC, Kentwood .
- Sun., Dec. 2 – Lottie Moon Tea at East Fork
God blessed me with a box of craft items Sunday night. Yesterday, a lady called about more craft items to use for Operation Christmas Child. Lots of boys and girls will be blessed because others are cleaning out their craft/sewing closets!