A person’s wisdom yields patience;
it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.
Josiah Huckaby, son of Job and KK
Josiah is 5 months old as of yesterday…he has been doing really well. They decided to put a nephrostomy tube in on Friday to drain one of his kidneys because of an obstruction from a kidney stone. His other kidney has an obstruction that will require reconstructive surgery in the future. The tube ended up coming out on Sunday & they were going to have to replace it on Monday. They decided to do another ultrasound to see how that kidney was looking…and PRAISE GOD it has improved enough that they won’t have to replace the nephrostomy tube for now. As of right now, the goal is to wean his oxygen down to home settings so that we can start discussing coming home. He has been staying awake all day (he can’t stand to miss any of the action) & sleeping all night…hope he keeps that up. 😉 He loves kicking his feet constantly while he’s awake & he’s starting to smile again! He also loves sitting up & watching people. He wiggles so much the nurses are always having to make sure he hasn’t wiggled to the bottom of the bed…they are constantly having to scoot him back up. Day 155 in the NICU has been an awesome day for Josiah! God is so good!!!
Mrs. Mimi Sneed was able to go home from a friend’s house where she was staying. She did have to go for more medical tests yesterday, but the results were good. Pray for her as she recovers from her accident.
Bettye Fussell is moving ahead to her next round of treatment which will begin Monday. Pray for her to have strength and endurance for this phase of her “battle”. She certainly has faced this journey with a positive attitude. Keep her in your prayers.
Thank-you for praying for Jennie as she traveled. She’ll be able to speak to many of you at church Sunday or the following Sunday.
September 26, 1927 – August 09, 2017
8:00 AM-11:00 AM
Saturday, Aug 12, 2017
June 08, 1929 – August 08, 2017
Friday, Aug 11, 2017
10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Friday, Aug 11, 2017
August 17, 1923 – August 09, 2017
August 25, 1964 – August 09, 2017
- Lyrics – http://www.metrolyrics.com/let-us-go-into-the-house-lyrics-joe-pace.html
- Scripture – Psalm 122:1King James Version (KJV) – I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaEO0aDk2s
Fall Food Round-up
- Refer to yesterday’s Prayer Link for a list of items they especially need.
- Leave your items under the stairwell at the office entrance to the church.
- The truck will be in Kentwood Monday, September 18th to make the pick-up.
Operation Christmas Child – Thank-you to all who have helped us collect the items so we can pack 350 shoe boxes this year. I get so excited when I think about the impact the shoeboxes will make on the lives of children across the world. There is a collection box under the stairwell to the sound room for those who cannot make it to my classroom Sunday morning before Sunday School.
- August 13 – Collecting pens and pencils
- August 20 – Collecting $1.00 calculators
- August 27 – Collecting bandanas
“Anabel and a Personal Note” – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/shoeboxstories-anabel-and-a-personal-note/
Especially for Children!
- Children in Action (Missions class) – Wednesdays at 6 P.M.
- Bible Drill Class – Sundays at 6 P.M.
At the end of this day, may you be able to look back with a smile as you think about how this day counted for God’s kingdom.