The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
Our neighbor in Roseland, Ruby King, had a stroke yesterday. Please join others in praying for Ruby.
Mr. Johnny Pritchett, my Roseland neighbor as I grew up, is home but in need of a sitter. If you know of someone who might help him beginning at seven or eight in the morning until mid-afternoon, please call Chester at 985-514-5948. Thank-you!
The mission team from EFBC has arrived in Guatemala. Pray for their ministry to be effective in reaching out with God’s Word and God’s example.
The ladies of Pine Ridge United Methodist Church will be serving their delicious breakfast buffet beginning at 8 A.M. this morning. Donations will benefit a family with a worthy need. Everyone is welcome to come.
Read the Bible – Nehimiah 7-9 & Psalm 50
Bible Drill class for children meets at 6 P.M. of Sunday nights at FBC, Kentwood.
Tuesday, the “young” ladies will meet at The Cafe at 11:00 to celebrate July birthdays.
Operation Christmas Child
- Today, we will turn the the composition books purchased last week. I will be in my classroom before Sunday School to receive the composition books you purchased this past week. The best deal seems to have been at Dirt Cheap.
- This week, we will purchase markers, colors, and highlighters, with and emphasis on HIGHLIGHTERS. I found boxes of markers for $.50 at Walmart. The best deal on markers seems to be buying about a dozen in a package. We will separate them and send one or two in each shoebox.
- Remember, this is a marathon, with weekly purchases. We need to stick with the schedule to cover the basics first.
- Please know that each purchase is helpful to us. We don’t want to overburden anyone.
“Sweet By and By”
- Lyrics – https://hymnary.org/text/theres_a_land_that_is_fairer_than_day_an
- Story – http://www.plymouthbrethren.org/article/10284
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhNxXBTIjfk (This is not the way I learned this great hymn, but it certainly conveys the message in a happy style.)
Have a wonderful Lord’s Day!