The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise,
as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you,
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.
Pray for the family of the late J.L. and Wanzie Williams. Her sister, her niece, and their older son are all in need our our prayers.
February 24, 1923 – September 25, 2016
September 10, 1975 – September 25, 2016
NAMB announces long-term Louisiana flood recovery effort – https://www.namb.net/news/namb-announces-longterm-louisiana-flood-recovery-effort?utm_campaign=On+Mission+Today&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=34674959&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_fj3xOSOiI6TlCLslmgjMvWa_bBCo1niqDYUiJhDn3wvslIpOCyq9Uz5SjeS0ML_4l1izI8deNzrr4HrRSlMXRPEZaSA&_hsmi=34674959
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Scripture Writing – Matthew 7:13-20 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A13-20&version=NIV
- Today – “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party today at 11 at The Cafe
- Wednesday night – Missions classes for children – 6 P.M. – “Project” night
- Friday – Bible study in the fellowship hall at 10 A.M.
- Saturday – Training for those who want to help receive and pack shoeboxes. FBC, Kentwood will be a relay station this year. Churches and other groups can bring their filled boxes to us November 14-21. (Hours will be posted later.) You can let me know you are coming Saturday morning or just show up.
Georgia Barnette Offering for Louisiana – FBC,K has collected 47% of their goal so far. That’s good, but we need to keep on until our goal is surpassed.
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “True Riches” – http://odb.org/2016/09/27/true-riches/
- For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ~Luke 12:34~
- “Make My Life to Be Like a Melody”
- Lyrics – http://www.scripturetruth.org/issues/songs/chourses/m/makemylifemelody.html
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QkmlJXMXM (Get ready to smile.)
The Journey of a Shoebox – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/the-journey-of-a-shoebox/?utm_source=OCCFacebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=m_YOCC-15SM&utm_content=Journey-of-a-Shoebox-9-26-16
You can see a drop-off location at the beginning of the journey. That will be what we will be doing this year. It’s the first step after your shoeboxes leave your homes and churches. The main point of shoeboxes is the last step, getting them into the hands of little children!
We are only seven weeks away from serving as a drop-off location. Get your boxes packed and ready to go!