“Very truly I tell you,
everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
Continue to keep Mrs. Catherine Yarborough and her family in your prayers.
Harold Newman, David’s brother-in-law, had emergency gall bladder surgery down on the coast. Please pray for his recovery.
Rev. Rusty Durant’s mother had a stroke. The family is gathering in Alexandria and praying for a good report. Bro. Rusty is pastor at Montpelier Baptist Church.
Scripture Writing – Psalm 118:5-9
Waylon Bailey – waylonbailey.com
Thom S. Rainer – thomrainer.com
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “An Open Hand” – http://odb.org/2016/07/17/an-open-hand/
- It is more blessed to give than to receive. ~Acts 20:35~
- “Make Me a Blessing”
Operation Christmas Child – Livia and a Necklace (Part 2) – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/shoebox-stories-livia-and-a-necklace/
Do you want to create quite a stir and lots of questions? Purchase items for OCC in big quantities! You will have the cashier and a number of customers asking questions. The best part is being able to share what you are doing and why! You can encourage others to do the same.
The school supplies are marked down in some stores. It is the perfect time to purchase markers, crayons, glue sticks, pencil sharpeners, highlighters, etc. Get them while the price is the lowest. You can stretch your funds a long ways at this time of year,
This week’s opportunities:
- Sunday School and Worship – Check the church ahead of time; Different churches begin at different times.
- Sunday Evening Worship Services still exist in a number of churches. Enjoy the message and the music.
- Today, meet in my classroom at 3:30 to discuss the next ladies’ night.
- Monday at 10 A.M. – associational WMU meeting at Spring Creek to learn about the flooding at Mt. Nebo Baptist Church and pastor’s home. We will also learn about their recovery efforts.
- Wednesday – Mission organizations for children will meet in the L-wing at 6 P.M.
- Thursday – Monthly “Third Thursday” gathering at the cabin.
- Friday – Bible study at 10 A.M. to begin John 8.
This is the Lord’s Day. Honor Him!