A verse we all need to be reminded of periodically…
Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven and you are on earth,
so let your words be few.
First, I want to mention three families I saw at the LA Heart Hospital in Lacombe.
- Robert Landry, from Amite, was leaving, but had been a patient due to A-fib.
- Jimmy Williams was there for a couple of days. I had a good visit with Linda.
- Gloria Gill was there for an outpatient test. She will have a heart ablation next month.
Rebecca Williams, mother of Matt Williams, a former resident of Kentwood, will be having a heart ablation next week in MS. Keep her in your prayers.
Carolyn Kirkfield, the wife of the late Rev. Charles Kirkfield, is very sick. Please pray for her and her family. Her children are Teri and Chad.
Bobby Black, a good friend of Jason’s from summer staff at Camp Ridgecrest in North Carolina, will soon be healed of cancer in heaven. Bobby is from South Carolina and was a part of Jason’s wedding. He is a young man, but has touched many lives.
Larry Watts is having more issues. There is a possibility they are caused by a reoccurrence of cancer. He is at North Oaks.
Scripture Writing – Ephesians 2:4-10
Thom S. Rainer – thomrainer.com
Waylon Bailey – http://waylonbailey.com/
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “The Power of God’s Music” – http://odb.org/2016/03/06/the-power-of-gods-music/
- Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly . . . with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. ~Colossians 3:16~
- “Why Do I Sing About Jesus?”
Annie Armstrong Week of Prayer
2016 Theme – Here I Am / Send Me
Plan to attend the associational WMU meeting Monday at FBC, Greensburg at 10:00 Monday morning. We will focus on the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for North American Missions. A potluck lunch will follow the meeting.
My prayer: “Thy will be done!”