“LORD, God of my salvation,
I cry out before You day and night.
May my prayer reach Your presence;
listen to my cry.”
~Psalm 88:1-2, HCSB~
Happy Veterans Day
Can you think of some vets who served so that we might be free? I plan to make a call or two to thank some today. Of course, my favorite vet was my daddy, Grant Smith, who served in the Pacific in WWII. He would often eat a meal with us, them sit a long time watching the military channel on TV. Often, he would add his own commentary about the battle, equipment, location, etc. I learned more about his war experiences by watching him watch television here in his last years. Growing up, it wasn’t talked about. I’m thankful to have had the chance to hear his memories at last.
Please continue to pray for Keith Womack as he battles kidney stones.
Pray for Ketyra McMillan and her family as she has knee surgery today in Baton Rouge.
IMB Commissioning Service at FBCNO – Sunday night
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Read the Bible in 2015 – Psalm 128-130
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Crumbs of Time – http://odb.org/2015/11/11/crumbs-of-time/
- Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before. ~Daniel 6:10~
- “The Star Spangled Banner”
Thankfulness: Day 11 (11-11-15)
Today, I’m thankful for freedom.
- I’m thankful to have been born an American. We have so many freedoms as Americans. As we think of these freedoms and the threats that are being imposed on them today, let us always proudly remember those who served in our military to ensure our freedom.
- I’m also thankful to be born a Christian. I’m thankful to the One, Jesus, who died to ensure that great privilege for me.
I’m thankful for prayer and the opportunity to write TPL daily. I’m thankful for those of you who “tune-in” each day to read and to pray.