Sell your possessions and give to the poor.
Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out,
a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted,
where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.
My Extra Prayers Schedule
Sunday – Churches, church leadership, and missionaries
Monday – Family, friends, and neighbors
Tuesday – Sick, bereaved, hospital staff, and nursing home patients and staff
Wednesday – Political authorities (world, national, state, parish, and local)
Thursday – Military, law enforcement, fire fighters, and EMT
Friday – Schools, teachers, students
Saturday – Unspoken requests and unsaved people
Barrett Travis got home yesterday evening. Pray for his recovery to be timely and complete.
Ora Lee Wilson, said her sister, Juanita Booty, is doing much better. She still has a long way to go, but is slowly improving.
Due to the flooding in South Carolina, Disaster Relief Teams are headed that way to help. A team from our area will be leaving Monday to do mud-out. If you are trained and willing, I have contact information for you.
Thom S. Rainer – Thomrainer.com
Read the Bible in 2915 – Acts 5-6
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Missionary Blog – “The Cyclone”
Waylon Bailey (FBC, Covington) – http://waylonbailey.com/
Operation Christmas Child – We are two weeks away from packing the shoeboxes. There are still a few thing I hope to get to include in each box.
- Washcloths (Need 268 more)
- Toothpaste (Need 299 more)
- Hairbrushes (158/Boys and 160/Girls)
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Love Comes First” – http://odb.org/2015/10/10/love-comes-first/
- We love [God] because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19~
- “At Calvary”
- Tomorrow night, Two Rivers Association will gather at The Lord’s Church at 6 P.M. You may want to be “in that number”!
- October 19th – Quarterly WMU meeting at New Zion Baptist Church at 10:00. Women of all ages who are interested in missions are encouraged to attend. There will be a potluck lunch/fellowship following the meeting.
- October 22 – FBC, Ladies’ Night: “Count Your Blessings” at 6:15 P.M.
- October 24th – Packing party for our shoeboxes for boys and girls around the world. Mark your calendar for 6 P.M. on the 24th. You are encouraged to bring your children and grandchildren.
- October 27th – “Young” Ladies Birthday Party at The Cafe at 11 A.M.
There is no better way to spend your time than in doing God’s work. Invest wisely.