“Bear one another’s burdens,
and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
~Galatians 6:2, NKJV~
Today, we have a lot to be thankful.
Thanks for the way you have been a part
of bearing the burdens of others.
Born: July 05, 1934
Died: June 03, 2015
- Kind, thoughtful, fun, doctoring animals, fishing, friend to many, loved, teacher, researcher, a life well-lived, Christian, a wonderful example to others. a resident of heaven, pain-free, telling stories, looking for friends and relatives, and singing in the heavenly choir, …We all have our memories and great stories. I heard one last night.
Summer Mixon – Keep praying.
Summer Mixon is discharged from the hospital. She is home resting. Really never found the reason for the auto immune reaction. We are thanking Jesus for pulling our daughter through this. Donnie Stratton thank you for being there for Summer, your love and support was above and beyond. To all our friends and family who are praying for Summer and our family thank you, prayers are being answered please continue to pray for her as she still has a long way to go.
Bentley has been moved to Children’s Hospital in New Orleans. Please continue to pray.
J.D. Smith‘s appointment resulted in a change of medicine. Let’s pray he gets to feeling better soon.
Doug Toney – Keep praying.
Monday June 8, 2015
Doug has had a fair day. He has eaten 3 small meals today. He will have a PEG tube inserted tomorrow. He had become malnourished and his body needs to have protein and other nutrients to heal. We had a scare today during PT. He got dizzy and nearly passed out. Recovered as soon as he was back in bed. We appreciate all your calls, texts, and kindnesses.
Born: June 29, 2013
Died: June 06, 2015
Born: December 26, 1937
Died: June 06, 2015
Born: June 11, 1934
Died: June 07, 2015
Devotional, Scripture, a Quote, and a Song
- “Deceptive Currents” – odb.org/
- When they had pasture, they were filled; they were filled and their heart was exalted. ~Hosea 13:6~
- True humility credits God for every success.
- “To God Be the Glory”
Read the Bible in 2015 –
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
- The frozen food has been delivered to a new family. I can tell you the food was most appreciated. Freeze some food for our next collection date.
- The Friday morning Bible study will be on “Potiphar’s Wife”. Feel free to join us at 10:00 in the Fellowship Hall of FBC, Kentwood.
- We have made a purchase that will benefit the church for many years. I think you will all be pleased. Thank-you for some new friends who gave us a great price and to the ladies who contributed to the funds. I will be sharing Friday morning at Bible study.
- We are still collecting for Operation Christmas Child. Our packing day is getting closer and closer. Check the OCC boxes in the hallway of the fellowship hall so you will know what we need.
- The next Ladies’ Night will be F.R.O.G., Fully Rely on God. Join us in the fellowship hall at 6:15 P.M. on Thursday, June 25th. Bring a friend from FBC or another church. All ladies from 3 to 103 are invited.
Thank-you for reading, praying, and acting on what is posted here. Go back and read the Scripture at the top of the page. Keep on doing what God would have us do.