“Leave the children alone,
and don’t try to keep them from coming to Me,
because the kingdom of heaven
is made up of people like this.”
~Matthew 19:14, HCSB~
Christy Hayne’s dad has had more heart problems which were hopefully corrected with surgery. He is better and able to be back at home as of yesterday. Christy is thankful God has more plans for her dad here on earth. He lives in Florida.
Johnnie “Lil Man” Santangelo has had some new issues and is beginning a new treatment, IV chemo, for brain inflammation and swelling and to restore vision, strength, and tolerance.
Macy Gueldner (Written by her mother)
I’ll be on my way to Baton Rouge after Cate’s soccer practice. I’m switching places with Jeremy tonight, and I’m very happy about it!
Macy is doing fine. All I know about the bacteria is that it’s a bacteria that is usually found in the intestines. I don’t think they’ve identified a specific antibiotic to use, so she’s still on a broad spectrum. They’re in no hurry to release her, so we’ll be a few more days, at least.
Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers. We appreciate everyone’s concern, and it helps to know that we’re surrounded by so much love
Third Annual “He is Risen” March
The 3rd Annual He is Risen Walk will take place on April 4, 2015 starting at 9:00 am at Smoke House BBQ Hwy 38 east of Kentwood and will end at Greater Temple Church on Hwy 38 in Kentwood. T shirts are available for purchase. I am taking orders for Spring Creek Baptist Church. If any other churches would like to purchase shirts you can contact Margie Womack at 985-229-2623. There will be transportation to Smoke House BBQ available for anyone who wants to park at Greater Temple Church in Kentwood. If you need transportation, please arrive at Greater Temple no later than 8:45 am. We encourage all to participate to show our community that we worship s Living Savior!! If you are unable to walk, but would like to participate, please give us advance notice and we will do our best to provide transportation. If you have any questions, please contact myself, Lou Miller Guerra, or Michael Bracy!! Hope to see you there!!!
Two special monthly events I attended this week:
- Young at Heart at New Zion was especially meaningful to us as two ladies who are missionary moms attended with one of them speaking. We formed a special bond in that short time together.
- We were also blessed by the gathering at the cabin last night. The group of people and each word spoken/sung seemed to be “just what we needed”. Two special observations: Our group last night included seven retired teachers. We heard “Happy Birthday” on the harmonica, a first for most of us!
Next week – “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party
- Tuesday at 11:00 A.M
- The Cafe in Kentwood
- Honors ladies of FBC who have March birthdays
The Hope Center is doing well.
- Thank-you for your donations of money and items.
- If you wish to set up a time to volunteer, please let me know.
Operation Christmas Child
- Check the bulletin board and table across from the kitchen in the fellowship hall of FBC if you wish to give items for the shoeboxes. All items will be stored until the fall when we will pack the shoeboxes.
- Individuals, classes, and groups are encouraged to get involved early this year.
Women of the Bible
- Friday mornings at 10 A.M
- This morning, we are studying Anna.
Ladies’ Night Planning Meeting
- Sunday at 3 P.M.
- Planning April meeting
- If you are interested in helping, please come.
Read the Bible in 2015
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scriptures, Quote, and a Song
- “A Gift of Hope” – http://odb.org/
- He shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines. ~Judges 13:5~ Praise the Lord, O my soul. ~ Psalm 146:1~
- “Jesus is the hope that calms life’s storms.” ~Our Daily Bread~
- “It is Well with My Soul” – http://nethymnal.org/htm/i/t/i/itiswell.htm?em_x=22
*****If you do not know the circumstances under which this great hymn was written, be sure to read the explanation on this site.
Annie Armstrong Offering for North American Missions
Be a blessing to others today.