If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
I have an important announcement that some of you have not read. Rev. Darryl Miller of FBC, Kentwood shared this yesterday.
Good morning. The Deacon Council of FBC Kentwood, after prayerful consideration, has by majority vote made the decision to go back to online services only for the next 2 weeks. This decision was reached in light of the fact that we have had multiple positive Covid tests this week from people that have been attending our services. None of these people appear at this time to have life threatening symptoms and our prayer is that they all make a speedy recovery. We value the health of our congregation and pray that no one else gets infected with this illness. Our plan at this time is to reevaluate and hopefully be back at church on August 23rd.
I realize many of you are already aware of this announcement, but not everyone.
What does this announcement bring to our hearts for prayer?
- People will not get busy and forget to “tune-in”
- Technology is available for everyone
- Technical skills needed to locate the message
- Distractions are at a minimal at home
- People don’t take “mini-vacations” during church time
- Visitors come to watch with you, not take you away for the service
- Families that have members with Covid-19
- Families that have not worked hard to prevent the spread of Covid-19
- Families who have members with compromised health issues
Read the Bible in 2020 – August 8
- Ezra 7:1-8:20
- 1 Corinthians 4:1-21
- Psalm 30:1-12
- Proverbs 20:28-30
Fall Food Round-Up for the Louisiana Baptist Children’s Home – September 21
- Bring items most needed.
- Look back on The Prayer Link
- Contact the church office.
Find a quiet spot and spend some extra time in prayer today.