Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
Today, Brian Tate‘s family is celebrating his good reports at M.D. Anderson. Thank God for his good news.
What are you celebrating today?
- Being alive?
- Something that doesn’t hurt today?
- A neighbor who likes to cook and share?
- Air conditioning?
- Another birthday?
- A day with no appointments?
- Seeing your grandchildren today?
- Watching children at play?
- A good grade?
- A baby discovering his feet?
- Blowing bubbles?
- Good water?
- A roof that didn’t leak this week?
- A car that got you to the doctor again?
- Being able to afford your medication?
- A woodpecker in your tree?
- A notebook to collect your memories?
- A book for writing prayer requests?
- A Bible that belonged to a loved one?
- Seeing a turtle cross the road?
- A phone call from a friend?
- Eating a good home-grown tomato?
- The sound of a light rain on the roof?
- The smell of freshly cut grass?
- A hot piece of cornbread?
- Rocking and looking at nature?
- A snapshot of a loved one?
- A special program on TV?
- The feel of freshly laundered sheets?
- A special cup for your coffee?
- A quiet time for reading your Bible?
- Receiving a thank-you note with a special comment?
- The garbage man who picks up what you don’t want?
- A plant shared by a friend?
- Holding a book of family pictures?
- A stocked pantry?
- A full tank of gas?
- Baby birds?
- The gift of fresh eggs?
- Going to bed on your schedule?
- Comfortable shoes?
- A compliment?
- The smell of a new bar of soap?
- A big grin grin from someone who just ate a cookie?
- Memories of former classmates?
- Remembering where people usually sit in church?
- Inside water?
- The smell of magnolias?
- A freshly washed car?
- A glass of iced tea?
- A new face mask?
- A warm brownie?
- A washer and dryer?
- A doctor or nurse when needed?
- New tires?
- Hibiscus blooms?
- Cloud formations?
- A special hymn?
- A new toothbrush?
- A marching band?
- Operation Christmas Child opportunities?
- Patriotic music?
- Sporting events?
- Hearing someone whistle while they worked?
- A new book of magazine?
- Watching a butterfly?
Thank God for all the large and small celebrations of our daily lives! My mother-in-law set a great example of appreciating the little things in life – a new pot holder, a pretty flower, watching nature, etc. Let’s not forget them. Thank God for them too!
Baptist Press – http://www.bpnews.net/
Louisiana Baptist Message – https://baptistmessage.com/
Read the Bible in 2020 – July 11th
- 1 Kings 8:1-66
- Acts 7:51-8:13
- Psalm 129:1-8
- Proverbs 17:1
Reread the long list I shared. Make a list of your own. Have some happy celebrations today!