“When I shut up heaven and there is no rain,
or command the locusts to devour the land,
or send pestilence among My people,
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves,
and pray and seek My face,
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin and heal their land” .
2 Chronicles 7:13–14 (NKJV)
Turn To Jesus: Calling Women to Pray
led byAnne Graham Lotz
DATE: Pentecost Sunday
May 31st, 2020
TIME: For the same one hour:
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM | PT
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM | MT
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM | CT
8:00 PM to 9:00 PM | ET
Please join us as we pray through these Prayer Points:
1. We Are Compelled to Cry Out:
…By our problems:
- The collapsing world around us
- The devastating virus
- The disastrous economy
…By God’s promises:
“Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to Me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity. Who knows? He may turn and have pity and leave behind a blessing…Joel 2:12-14
2. We Are Confident as We Cry Out:
3. We Are Contrite as We Cry Out:
- We live like practical atheists, no longer acknowledging the one, true, living God.
- We have worshipped gods of pleasure, wealth, technology, pornography, drugs, alcohol, entertainment, sex and sports.
- We have put our hope in ourselves, trusting in our own knowledge, strength and ability.
4. We Are Clear in Our Requests:
- O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For Your Name’s sake. (Daniel 9:19)
- Forgive us. Protect us. Defend us. Comfort us. Deliver us. Heal us.
- Shine the light of Your glory into the darkness that is covering our land. (Isaiah 60:1-2)
- Pour out Your Spirit on all of us. (Acts 2:17)
- Make us bold to rise up, to live for You, and to share the hope of the Gospel. (2 Timothy 1:7)
I saw a sign about VBS at FBC, Kentwood in a member’s yard. I’m waiting for details on VBS. I’ll share them later. In the meantime, please pray for Vacation Bible School, 2020 in our various churches.
I would like to remind you to check with the various area churches sites about their livestream services. One especially good thing is that we can view services at a convenient time from home and can view multiple services, not all at the same time. For those still on lockdown, this is a great opportunity. It is also a good opportunity for those who have time for multiple Bible studies during the week – all from the comfort of home.
Please pray for Mrs. Mickey Cade. She was able to return home yesterday. Be thankful for the progress she has made since her fall. Also, please pray for those helping with her care.
The Covid-19 virus has not gone away. It is still extremely important for older people and/or those with a compromised health situation to be on guard. Our nursing homes, which are designed to care for our older folks who require special help, seem to be the place where most of the cases, and deaths, occurred. Please spend some time in special prayer for the patients and the staff of each facility.
Read the Bible in 2020 – May 28th
- 2 Samuel 13:1-39
- John 17:1-26
- Psalm 119:81-96
- Proverbs 16:6-7
Baptist Press – http://www.bpnews.net/
Continue to pray for the children of our area. It’s time for summer vacation break to begin!