give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18~
If you are discouraged and tired of the present circumstances, take some time to focus on and pray about believing the verse above. This verse may help you get through some difficult days. Then, take action and do some things that will help you and others.
- Make some phone calls to others who might need encouragement.
- Send some “just because” cards or even text messages or emails.
- Pick some flowers or share a plant with a gardener.
- Cook and share a meal or a treat.
- Volunteer with a church or organization that is helping others.
- Teach someone how to use FB or You–Tube to locate church services to view.
- Cut grass, weed-eat, or mulch for someone who appreciates their yard, but is unable to do so for themselves.
- Prepare a flower arrangement for someone in the cemetery.
- Pick up basic groceries for someone who is unable to shop for themselves.
- Take a bag of light bulbs with you and volunteer to change those that are out at the homes of older people.
- Share a plant or a single flower.
- Offer to read the Bible or pray fort someone over the phone.
- Make your own prayer list. Pray. Adjust the list daily. Pray.
- The list is endless. Think about needs and take action! What you can do for others will be a help to them and to you!
Read the Bible in 2020 – May 9
- 1 Samuel 5:1-7:17
- John 6:1-21
- Psalm 106:13-31
- Proverbs 14:32-33
Baptist Press – http://www.bpnews.net/
Baptist Message – https://baptistmessage.com/
Annie Armstrong Offering – https://www.anniearmstrong.com/about/the-mission/
Give thanks in all circumstances. Remember, God is in control.