“Love . . . always looks for the best.”
~1 Corinthians 13:7~
Read the Bible in 2020 – February 10
- EXODUS 30:11-31:18
- MATTHEW 26:47-68
- PSALM 32:1-11
- PROVERBS 8:27-32
Operation Christmas Child
- David and I keep on finding good buys and cannot resist them!
- David is packing pencil packs (pencils, pens, erasers, sharpeners, highlighters, glue sticks, etc) and loving it.
- It is uplifting to walk into church on Sunday afternoons and find OCC items that were left that morning.
- The definition of encouragement – volunteers! I’m being encouraged!!!
- Doctor days are also “shopping on the way home” days. We can usually stop at a couple of places and find something there waiting for us to purchase for OCC.
- Thanks to all the classes for shopping as suggested. We got socks, flashlight batteries, pencils, etc. yesterday.
- I’m smiling because the shoeboxes reach an average of seven people when they are delivered. They also reach lives as we shop and pack the boxes here.
- I’m looking for an old, but functional toaster oven so I can melt broken crayons. If you have a toaster oven you don’t need and any old crayons, please let me know.
- Operation Christmas Child, February 2020
Nursery & Preschool Bandaids Grades 1-5 Pencil sharpeners (Dollar Tree) Youth Small cars College and Career Plastic animals, large (Dollar Tree) Gateway Boy’s underwear (Size 2-16) More for older boys Joy, Friendship Circle. & Bank Batteries (AAA) New Creations & Renewal $1.00 solar calculators Rebekah & Seekers Spoons for eating City Hall & Faithful Ziplock bags Staff “Barbies” (Dollar Tree)
The spoons can be found at Dollar General 3/$1.00. Someone asked me for their class.
FBC, Kentwood had two great services yesterday. We watched one on our computer from home and enjoyed being present at church for one. Good job, Bro. Darryl!
The senior adults of FBC will be traveling for lunch together Wednesday. If you can join them, please check with the church office for details.
Mrs. Shirley Simmons, a long-time home economics teacher at KHS, passed away. I had the pleasure of working with her. She was a great and caring teacher, a fine Christian lady who lived as an example every day, and someone who brought a smile to your face. She will be missed.