11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
Scripture Writing for December 28 – Philippians 2: 9-11
LSU long snapper ‘doing sports God’s way’ – http://bpnews.net/54103/lsu-long-snapper-doing-sports-gods-way
Operation Christmas Child
- Yesterday was a good afternoon for OCC work with two young friends. They made matching games for almost thirty boys and girls, opened packs of pencils, counted items already collected, etc. I love to train them to do OCC work. They plan to take my place in a few years!
- Another joy is watching someone catch the vision and finding what they can do for OCC. David’s nurse has been purchasing items for shoeboxes in discount stores. She is helping fill my bins with pencils for next fall. Last year, she purchased spiral notebooks, pencils, and crayons which have already been sent to children.
- One of the joys of doing OCC work at church is working with others on projects. Next week, my sister will be helping make washcloths. When do you want to set up a date for an OCC project? What do you enjoy doing?
- David has always been a big supporter of OCC. Last year, he was not able to help, but this year he has already given many hours letting me shop for OCC on the way home from the doctor, putting together shelving for the storeroom, and his favorite – opening numerous packages of items I buy in quantity. Even with his health issues, he has found what he can do and gladly does it because he has seen boys and girls receive the shoeboxes and will never forget their joy. Knowing they get introduced to Jesus is priceless!
- I would love to share this joy with any of you who want to get involved in this mission project at your church or at FBC, Kentwood. What a blessing it has been to me personally!
Have a wonderful Saturday! Keep your eyes open to the opportunities God has for you!