“You are members of God’s very own family . . .
and you belong in God’s household with every other
~Ephesians 2:19 TLB~
Scripture Writing – August 23 – 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Statistics for Operation Christmas Child “Shoeboxes”
- In 2018, over 10.6 million shoebox gifts were collected worldwide. 8.8 million of these were from the US.
- 16.8 million shoebox gifts have been delivered to children in need in more than 160 countries since 1993.
- 2019 US Collection Goal – 9.1 million.
- 2019 Worldwide Collection Goal – 11 million.
- Over 9.000 volunteers serve in the US year-round.
- More than 400 Volunteer Area Teams are active around the US.
- Nearly 5,000 drop-off locations receive shoeboxes during Nation Collection Week.
- National Collection Week is November 18-25, the third week of November annually.
- Over 100,000 volunteers serve in the US during National Collection Week and processing season.
- Shoebox gifts are prepared for overseas shipment at eight major processing centers across the US.
- Boone, N.C.
- Dallas/Fort WorthDenver
- Southern California
- More than 260,000 volunteers serve overseas.
- Shoebox gifts are collected in the US, Canada, Australia, Finland, Germany, Spain, and the UK.
I like to share OCC “Shoebox” information with others as encouragement for you to get involved. I hope you are not mission out on the joy of “shoeboxes”. If you need more information about how you can help, contact me or someone else that knows the value of “shoeboxes” and eternity for boys and girls around the world.