But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.
But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
I have three good reports to share this morning.
- Brady Haynes had another surgery. He now has no more kidney stones or stents. Keep him in your prayers as he recovers,
- Jane Blades was checked out by a cardiologist this week and passed. He gave the “all clear” report. Thank God for this good report.
- Carol B. Sealey continues to slowly improve. Let’s be patient in expecting a fast recovery and faithful in remembering to pray for Carol, her family, and the medial staff.
Scripture Writing Plan – “Who I am in Christ” – Romans 8: 11-14
Shoeboxes Open Doors and Hearts for the Gospel in Liberia
What have you purchased this week for Operation Christmas Child?
- Small dolls?
- $1.00 calculators?
- Bars of soap?
- Bags of marbles?
- Small cars?
- Hair brushes?
- 48-piece puzzles
- School supplies?
- Small hammers and nails?
- Fishing equipment?
- Clotheslines and clothespins?
- Stick deodorant?
- School supplies?
- Metal spoons?
- Plastic drinking cups?
- Pot holders?
- Sewing supplies?
- Supplies for bracelet kits?
- Small balls?
- Plastic animals?
You can leave your items in the office of FBC, Kentwood or in the classroom next to the choir room. Thank-you very much. We are off to a slow start, but want to finish well.
People who want to craft items need to talk to me for ideas or check out the OCC website.
If you have a plastic container, even medicine bottles with labels removed, please bring them. They are helpful in packaging items for the shoeboxes. Also small tins you purchase or recycle are good. Don’t forget plastic eggs also work well too.
Some of you may prefer to have someone else shop for you. If so, give them the money and any specifics on what you want them to purchase. Items can be turned in at the church as they are purchased.
Another option is to turn in money to the church for OCC expenses. Mark your check and/or envelope “OCC” or “Shoeboxes”.
Remember, literature is added to each box to introduce the children to Jesus in the language of the children. Each box impacts an average of seven people for Jesus! That’s a great ministry you can do.