You, LORD, are my lamp;
the LORD turns my darkness into light.
I want to give a few updates.
- Glen Magee, Sr, will be having a biopsy in Covington this morning. Please pray for him and his family.
- Frances Gay will get test results Tuesday in Covington. This is her check-up for the problems she has previously had.
- Buddy Morris will have this three days of chemo in about a week and a half.
- Eleanor Morris will be scheduling hip surgery that she had planned to have about the time Buddy got sick. It’s time for her now.
- David will be receiving test results of the bone marrow test this morning. I’ll post something again later. At 6:45 last night we had a surprise guest arrive. Our daughter-in-law drove from Rome, Georgia to be with us today. My sister, Julie, will also be with us. Thank-you for your prayers today!
Albert W. Magee Jr.
Apr 5, 1945 – Oct 13, 2018 (Age 73)
CARENCRO ~ Funeral services will be held Friday, October 19, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. in Evangeline Memorial Gardens Chapel in Carencro for Albert W. Magee, Jr., age 73, who passed away Saturday, October 13, 2018 at his residence in Carencro.
Interment will be in Evangeline Memorial Gardens in Carencro. Chaplain Bert Langley will officiate at the services.
Mr. Magee was born in Bogulsa, raised in Kentwood and was a former resident of Baton Rouge, having been a current resident of Carencro for over twenty years. He graduated from Southeastern University. Albert was employed with the Federal Land Bank for thirty two years where he retired as the C.E.O.
Survivors include his loving wife of twenty years, Cheryl Patin Magee of Carencro; two step sons, Miles Doré and his wife, Crystal, of Henderson and Bronson Girouard of Lafayette; one step daughter, Joanie Lillie and her husband, Troy, of Maurice; five step grandchildren, Faith Lillie, Devin Doré, Brayden Girouard, Brennan Girouard and Isabella Lillie; and one sister, Patricia Magee Humphries and her husband, Bennett of Baton Rouge.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Albert William Magee, Sr. and the former, Jemima Roberts, both natives of Kentwood
The family requests that visiting hours be observed from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Thursday and will continue from 9:00 a.m. until service time on Friday.
Melancon Funeral Home, Evangeline Memorial Gardens Chapel, 4117 N. University Ave., Carencro, (337) 896-3232, is in charge of arrangements.
Read the Bible – Reflect on God’s generosity and catch up on any readings you missed last week.
Associational WMU meeting at FBC, Kentwood at 10:00 this morning. Come learn about mission opportunities.
Continue to pray for all those who moved into the hurricane disaster area this week to help the area in any way.. Help will be needed for a long time. It is not too late to help or to support those who are helping.
It’s four weeks until the national collection week for Operation Christmas Child. Let’s help make a difference in the eternity of lots of boys and girls!
- Lyrics – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/688
- Story – http://barryshymns.blogspot.com/2013/12/no-never-alone.html
- Youtube – Mercy Me! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrIkREJSlfE