Read the Bible today.
- Isaiah 34
- Psalm 104
- Titus 2
- Today, “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party at The Cafe at 11:00 for all ladies.
- Wednesday – Children in Action missions class at 6 P.M.
- Sundays – Youth on Mission at 6 P.M. for middle and high school students
- Saturday, September 15 – Project day
- Monday, September 17 – WMU meeting at Hilldale with guest speaker, Kay Bennett of the Friendship House in New Orleans – We will be taking items for her to use in her ministry.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, thankful for your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.”
Today, I want to focus on thankfulness.
I’ve been noticing a vase I used in 2015. Each day of the year I wrote something I was thankful for. The colored papers are stored in a clear vase with a label, “2015”, and a ribbon. I’m going to wait a while longer before I draw out a paper each day and remind myself of my many reasons to be thankful.
Probably, all of us know “Count Your Blessings”. We don’t have to wait for a special reason to write your blessings. It can be done on any day of the year. November is a good month to be thankful, but any other month is also good. It’s just a matter of attitude.
I’ve been going over some of the big things I am thankful for as well as many of the small ways I am thankful. I hope you can find time to do this too. You can choose to do this at random time periods, or in any organized way you choose. I believe if you do, you will be singing “Count Your Blessings”. It works the opposite way too. If you sing “Count Your Blessings”, you will actually begin to focus on those blessings.
This page gives you the words to the song and some Scripture references to read and meditate on.
Guy Penrod does a good job of singing this great hymn for us. Have a blessed and thankful day. Anna Lee