““Tell them to use their money to do good.
They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.
By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.”
~Timothy 6:18-19 NLT~
Today, I want to share information about five pastors I know. I could tell you about many others, but these all have reason to celebrate this week.
- Rev. Chip Sloan has been a friend for 44 years. He and his wife, Martha, are celebrating 47 years of marriage, Roseland Baptist was his first church. He is still a pastor, just not so close to us any longer.
- Bro. Bob Simpson began his pastorate at Arcola Baptist Church 39 years ago. He and his family “took root” in the area and are still here.
- Bro. Bobby Spinks just had surgery and is now home. They attend church in Montpelier. He and his wife have a calling to missions and are in the process of becoming international missionaries.
- Rev. Tommy Smith has moved from Greensburg to Franklinton where he will be the new pastor at Hillcrest.
- Rev. Brock Burch will be transitioning from youth minister at East Fork to being the pastor at Silver Springs Baptist Church.
Today, let’s pray for these and other pastors who have been called by God and serve Him.
The Georgia Barnett Offering is collected each fall to support missions in our state. We begin the annual offering focus with a Week of Prayer each year. The children of FBC, Kentwood will have a preview viewing of a portion of that video tonight at 6 P.M. If you want to join us, feel free to attend.
Read the Bible
- Isaiah 11
- Job 36
- Colossians 1
Our August Mission Projects Day will be Saturday, August 18th from 9:00 to noon. Please join in the fun as we prepare to give to others. Each “shoebox” will likely be a factor in influencing seven lives for the Lord. Our “shoebox” efforts are both far-reaching and long-reaching.
Thanks of reading and praying today. As you pray for those mentioned here, please add any others you feel led to pray for today.