Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Ora Lee Wilson continues to have a cough and a collapsed lung. Pray for her as she sees another doctor next week.
Mike Strickland continues to be about the same in Jackson, MS. As you pray for him, pray for Colleen as she stays by his side.
David and I saw and talked with these families Sunday and never expected the troubles on the hearts of these friends today. Please pray for them.
- It may be old news to many of you, but I just learned yesterday about a house fire totally destroyed Bruce and Melissa K. Neal‘s home in Fluker. Pray for them as they begin the process of moving on to rebuilding.
- This morning Will Ricks shared that Mrs. Patsy Istre of Amite passed away.
There are others who are having medical problems. Pray for those of whom you are aware.
Praying in vital, but I have always been taught to “put feet to my prayers”. Some of the ways you can do this are:
- Telephone calls
- Short visits
- Household or yard maintainance
- Encouragement though practical gifts
- Being a friend!!!
Read the Bible
- Genesis 19-22
- Psalm 3
- Matthew 5
Baptist Press – http://bpnews.net
Lottie Moon Offering for International Missions
- Support our missionaries who are there representing us.
- Money is still being collected at FBC
- 100% of money given goes directly to the mission field.
- Help more people have Bibles and learn about Jesus
Soft-cover/paper-bound Bibles are continuing to be collected for the prisoners at the Tangipahoa Parish Jail. The Bibles can be new or used. A plastic note is located near the front door of the church for easy drop-off. We are the main supply source for this ministry. Let’s not fail to minister to the constantly changing population there.
The next associational WMU meeting will be Monday, January 15 at East Fork Baptist Church. We will honor the memories of ladies from our churches who worked in missions in our individual churches who passed away during 2017. There will be a leadership meeting at 9:00, followed by the meeting at 10:00. We will conclude our morning with a potluck lunch. Please pass the word to other churches, so we can be an encouragement to them.
Operation Christmas Child
- I am amazed and thankful for all the participation that enabled us to “FILL” 350 shoeboxes last year. I’m thankful that we were able to share with 350 children who live in some of the poorest areas of our world.
- I’m already looking ahead to what we can do in 2018. I’m thinking of continuing to support this great ministry, but making a few changes in how we are going to do it this year. I’ll be letting you in on our plans in the next couple months.
- Until then, I have two requests
- Save all your shoeboxes as you get new shoes.
- Begin to save your funds to pack boxes with your family.
- Pray for the children who received “shoeboxes” this year that they will learn about Jesus and accept HIm in their hearts. It is reported that one “shoebox” “opens the door” to seven people. God surely multiplies our efforts with these gifts.
- Save money to make purchases for boys and girls ages five through fourteen.
- Begin to pick up items you find in stores, especially if you find good sale prices.
- Plan to be blessed in proportion to how you bless others!
We serve a mighty God who can and will use us in so many ways if we make ourselves available!