“‘Love the Lord your God
with all your heart, soul, and mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment.
The second most important is similar: ‘
Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself’”
~Matthew 22:37-39 TLB~
I have an update on the Harrells. Mr. Phillip is still at the hospital in Greensburg, “Miss” Annie Bell and son-in-law, Don Yarborough, seem to have almost recovered from the flu and the crud. Phyllis is hoping for the opportunity to attend church today.
Destiny Martin is in the Youth Challenge Program and doing well. If you would like to send her a note of encouragements, this is her address:
Destiny Martin, LAARNG Youth Challenge Program, 201 Louisiana Blvd., Minden, LA 71055
April 11, 1941 – February 28, 2017
Week of Prayer for Annie Armstrong Easter Offering – Begins today!
Read the Bible in 201
- Today, we read Joshua 1-4 and Psalm 65.
- There is a video on Joshua to watch that can be found at jointhebibleproject.com
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.
Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up.
~Deuteronomy 6: 6-7 (NIV)~
(If you have been reading the daily Scriptures with us,
you have recently read about the commandments God gave us through Moses.)
“The B-I-B-L-E” (Do your children, grandchildren, nieces, and neighbors know this song?)
- Lyrics – http://www.songsforteaching.com/religious/biblesongs/davidandgoliath/theBIBLE.htm
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnUWGjMu9XQ
- PAPERBACK Bibles are needed for the prison ministry at the Tangipahoa Parish Jail. You may leave your new or used Bibles in boxes beneath the office or balcony stairwells of FBC, Kentwood.
- Week of Prayer WMU Meeting – Tomorrow at 10 A.M. Our speaker will be Mary Ellen Logan of Global Maritime. Come learn about about it. We will conclude our meeting with a potluck lunch. See you at FBC, Greensburg.
- Keep up with the Annie Armstrong donations at FBC, Kentwood by checking the display near the organ in the Sanctuary.
- We will begin a six week study of a portion of Ezekiel Friday morning at 10. If you would like a copy of the introductory study guide, please see me today or get me a message via phone, email, or Facebook.
I trust you know and honor the reason this day is called “The Lord’s Day”.