[Mary’s Song] And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me
— holy is his name.
~Luke 1:46-47, 49 (NIV)~
Susie Sharkey’s surgery went well, but she is having trouble with pain. Pray she gets relief today.
We had a great time at the cabin last night that included three new families and guests from seven different churches. David and I are so blessed by your presence each month. The Christmas carols were a real blessing to my heart. Mark all the third Thursdays on your 2017 calendars.
Scripture Writing – Matthew 2:7-12
Mission Opportunities for Students – “One House, One Well” – https://www.imb.org/opportunities/?id=028f0699-555e-4196-bc87-1438375d12f4&ReturnURL=/opportunities-for-students/
Friday Morning Bible Study – 10 A.M. in the fellowship hall of FBC, Kentwood
I’m making copies of a Scripture Reading Plan for 2017 today. This one will take us through the whole Bible in book-by-book order. See me if you would like to have one. Now is the time to make your plans and choose your Bible reading system for the coming year. I hope you will follow some plan, even if not the one I have chosen, to read God’s Word daily and from cover to cover.
Baptist Press – bpnews.net.
“O Little Town of Bethlehem” – I was able to share with the children at church Wednesday night how Jesus came to be born in Bethlehem rather than Nazareth, the place where He grew up. If you had a child in class Wednesday, ask them to read Luke 2:1-7 to you.
- Lyrics – https://www.carols.org.uk/o_little_town_of_bethlehem.htm
- Story – http://www.sharefaith.com/guide/Christian-Holidays/holiday-songs/o-little-town-of-bethlehem,-the-song-and-the-story.html
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apgnFY4dTl0 – Bing Crosby
Look back to the previous post to read of events/services you might want to attend.
- Some churches will add a special Christmas Eve service. Check around and find one that suits you and your family. I’m sure any church you select will welcome you with open arms.
- Although some churches will not be having services Christmas day, most area churches will, even if the schedule is different on the 25th. If you find yourself in such a situation, check the other churches and find one that meets your need. They will be glad to have you in their services.