When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
Bubba Huckaby is home. Pray for him as he regains some strength. Pray for Linda, his caregiver.
Belinda Hostetter of Ponchatoula is a friend and David’s former co=worker who has been with us for Third Thursday meetings a couple of times. She is recovering from a fall she had last week. Pray for her as she endures the recovery time.
May 08, 1958 – October 15, 2016
August 11, 1946 – October 14, 2016
Scripture Writing – 2 Corinthians 5:6-10
Waylon Bailey – waylonbailey.com
Thom S. Rainer – thomrainer.com
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Keep Up the Good Work” – http://odb.org/2016/10/16/keep-up-the-good-work/
- We . . . urge you . . . to do this more and more. ~1 Thessalonians 4:1~
- “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”
- Lyrics – http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Just_a_Closer_Walk_with_Thee/
- History – http://www.umcdiscipleship.org/resources/history-of-hymns-just-a-closer-walk-remains-a-traditional-song-for-jazz-fun – How interesting!
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJgLmUGSS0 – Pete Fountain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPmJemdLGf8 – Alabama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKjv3ZRrxE – Oak Ridge Boys http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xocrdu_southern-gospel-song-video-just-a-closer-walk-with-thee_music – Southern Gospel
Operation Christmas Child – We now need lots of individually wrapped hard candy which will be bagged for each of the boxes. Candy canes and other Christmas candy would be especially nice. You can bring your donations to my classroom. Thanks! It is now less than two weeks until our packing party.
Associational WMU Meeting
- 10 A..M.
- Montpelier Baptist Church
- Speakers – Rev. Joe Weaver and ladies from Osyka Baptist Church
- All of you interested in missions are invited to come.
- This week
- Our “Cabin”
- 6:30 P.M.
- Food, fellowship, devotional, and music
Thanks for reading. Now, it’s time for praying.