You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Today, Jeana Lee-Newton, daughter of Ricky and Brenda Russell of Chesbrough will be having major surgery. Please pray for her as you think about her throughout the day.
PLEASE for jeana she’s having major surgery tomorrow at oschners in Kenner doctors gonna open her up try and get all that mesh out of her.The doctor says that the mesh is holding all that infection in her body and until they get that out she will never get rid of infection they r also gonna try to reverse colostomy, then they will place some type of material over her stomach to pull the two large hernia back in.We have been told this will b a long and tedious surgery probably 10-12 hrs please pray for her and the doctors needless to say she is VERY scared thank u all in advance.
Scripture Writing – Colossians 3: 15-17
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scripture, Quote, and a Song
- “Fiery Trials” – http://odb.org/2016/09/21/fiery-trials/
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds. ~James 1:2~
- Faith is seeing God in the dark and in the light. ~Our Daily Bread~
- “Faith is the Victory”
- Lyrics – http://www.popularhymns.com/faith_is_the_victory.php I hope this song gets trapped in my heart and memory all day long.
- History – http://www.robertjmorgan.com/hymn-stories/faith-is-the-victory/ What a sad life, yet a powerful testimony!
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-rAhSbt_Y This sounds like the piano playing I heard during my early years at Roseland Baptist Church.
Georgia Barnette Offering for Louisiana Missions – Fast Facts – Learn about something worth investing in. https://georgiabarnette.org/fast-facts/ We have already reached 25% of our goal!
We will celebrate a cowboy church service tonight during our missions time. Round up your cowboys and cowgirls, get them dressed in their western duds, and hustle them over to FBC, Kentwood at 6 P.M. tonight.
Operation Christmas Child – We are coming close to having all the items we need for our shoeboxes. I have counted and counted again. If you would like to purchase something, please give me a call.
- Our Packing Party will be at 6 P.M., Saturday October 29th. Everyone is invited to participate.
- Samaritan’s Purse has invited FBC, Kentwood to become a collection/relay site for other churches to bring their boxes to a church closer to their own churches. Northern Tangipahoa did not have a site, so we will do our best to help in this way too.
- We will have a training session Saturday, October 1st at FBC, Kentwood from 10 A.M. – Noon. Feel free to join us and sign up to help during collection week.
- Collection week is November 14-21. Then, the boxes will be taken on the the next step of their journey. Eventually, they will arrive in the hands of boys and girls all around the world. Each box will contain the items you pack plus some literature about Jesus in the language of the children who will be receiving the boxes. Then, the children will have the opportunity to attend classes, similar to our Sunday School classes, to learn more about Jesus. Just think, a box you help pack may be instrumental in leading them to a Christian life and an eternity in heaven one day.
The monthly “Young” Ladies Birthday Party will be Tuesday, September 27th at The Cafe at 11 A.M. Join us if you are available. Everyone chooses their own lunch. We end with birthday cake.
The Friday Bible Study group will meet at 9:00 again this week in my Sunday School classroom. Then, next week we will be back in the fellowship hall.
It’s great to be a part of so many meaningful activities. I hope you are also involved in activities that have eternal rewards. If not, join in somewhere or begin something new.