For the wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
“Miss” Bessie Hayden asked yesterday for prayer for Marvin Hayden’s daughter, Donna King, who is from Roseland. I didn’t get home in time to do so yesterday. Please pray for the Hayden and King families.
Sue Ellen Russell Pearson has been battling cancer. The most recent scan did not show any cancer cells, but the doctor told her they could be hidings somewhere. For now, she is celebrating a good report. Join her in thanking God.
David saw the retina specialist yesterday. He said David’s eyes are healing, but he is “not out of the woods yet”. David will continue to keep his face parallel to the floor 24 hours a day for at least another week. His medication is being reduced. Pray for David as he tries to stay in a position that will help his eyes heal. Thank God for this doctor who left us yesterday with “Keep on praying!”.
CORA LEE MORGAN MCDANIEL
March 14, 1923 – September 15, 2016
- “The Survival Float” – http://odb.org/2016/09/17/the-survival-float/
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. ~Psalm 55:22~
- “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”
- Lyrics – http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Leaning_on_the_Everlasting_Arms/
- History – http://hymnswelove.blogspot.com/2012/05/story-behind-leaning-on-everlasting.html
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvNdFIZRJRQ (Start your day with some harmonica talent today.)
Operation Christmas Child – Thanks to
- Those who have prayed for the shoeboxes packers and shoebox receivers.
- Those who worked on organizing and counting materials for the boxes.
- Another individual, this one from outside our church, who wrote us a check for OCC.
- Those who will help our church collect shoeboxes from others churches this year.
- Those who will deliver the boxes to children around the world.
This is a big effort, but the enormous results are so worthwhile. Join us in helping children receive a shoebox and be introduces to Jesus at the same time!
What will you do today to invest in the life of another person? Pray? Visit? Phone call? Cook? Yard work? Etc.