Unless the LORD builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.
I think we very often leave out the most important person.
Sherman Curtrer completed his time at rehab and is now back at home. Pray for Sherman and Jewel Kay. Thank God for bringing them through another difficult time.
Sandy Wilcox Toney is a friend and former classmate who now lives in the Mt. Hermon area. Over the last months, she has been losing weight. Please pray doctors can identify her problem and her health can be restored.
David surprised the retina specialist with both retina repairs holding. We’re thanking God for this good report. I also received a good MRI report on my brain tumor this week.
Scripture Writing – Matthew 11:28-30
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Elvie’s Decisions” – http://odb.org/2016/09/10/evies-decision/
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. ~Mark 16:15~
- “Tell the Good News” – Another song the youth of RBC taught me about 40 years ago – Songs learned at camp don’t have to stay at camp!
- Lyrics – http://www.lyriczz.com/lyrics/gene-bartlett/225719-tell-the-good-news/
- History – http://www.hymnary.org/text/christ_was_born_in_a_distant_land
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= I learned this song from a youth group returning from camp, but the first YouTube I looked at showed an adult Methodist choir singing it. His Words through song touched both youth and (older) adults.