Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?
Can any one of you by worrying
add a single hour to your life?
Today, I want to start by saying the WMU ladies who say “Keep the meeting previously scheduled on Labor Day and we will come” really do show up.
Secondly, I want you to know the meeting touched our hearts as we studied about the Georgia Barnette Offering for Louisiana.
Thirdly, Carol Bridges has a heart for missions and conveyed that love as she presented the program.
Lastly, I want to leave you with the words to a song Linda Graves sang for us. I’m already looking forward to our next meeting.
“God Will Make this Trial a Blessing”
Originally recorded by the McKameys
- VERSE 1
- I’ve just come into a valley one like I’ve never been before
- I keep searching for a way out seems like padlocks are on the doors
- Oh there must be another sunrise another sunset that I’ll see
- God will make this trial a blessing that’s the love He has for me
- God will make this trial a blessing though it sends me to my knees
- Though my tears flow like a river yet in Him there’s sweet relief
- There’s no need to get discouraged there’s no need to talk defeat
- God will make this trial a blessing and the whole wide world will see
- VERSE 2
- I was not the first one to come into this place
- You see every child of God this test he must face
- It is here that God will mold you and make you what you ought to be
- God will make this trial a blessing just be patient you will see
- VERSE 3
- Now I’m standing on the mountain looking back and I can see
- When I was in that lowest valley His strong hand was leading me
- Oh it’s good to see the sunshine and to taste sweet victory
- God has made this trial a blessing oh the grace He gives to me
History of the Song – http://originofsongs.blogspot.com/2012/10/god-will-make-this-trial-blessing.html
The McKamey’s singing this on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXCFurW775Q
- Today, I want to remind us of J.L. and Wanzie Williams and their extended family. Their family seems to be going through several difficult situations. Their older son, Stan, is very ill. Also, Wanzie’s sister, Julie Kay, is very ill. Julie Kay has a daughter is also needs our prayers as she goes through a very difficult time in her life. I trust God will make this time of difficulties a time of remembrance and refocusing in the lives of the family members.
I’ve known of a couple pastors who passed away while preaching. Now, we know of three volunteers who passed away in LA while doing work following floods. The following is about the second one, a man from AL.
Scripture Writing – Amos 4:13
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Daily Devotional – “Graded with Grace” – https://odb.org/2016/09/06/graded-with-grace/
Fall Food Round-Up Items to purchase this week:
- Evaporated milk
- Liquid detergent
- Facial tissues
- Paper towels
- Children’s Mission Classes Wednesday from 6-7 P.M. (Mission project for OCC this week.)
- Ladies’ Bible Study – If you come early (9 A.M.) and meet in the basement, we will also work on a mission project. Later, we will have our regular Bible study in the fellowship hall.
- Third Thursday at the Cabin – Sept. 15th
- “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party – Tuesday, September 27th, at The Cafe
I’ll end with a closing reminder that many people need today. You may be one of that number.
God will make this trial a blessing though it sends me to my knees.
Though my tears flow like a river yet in Him there’s sweet relief.
There’s no need to get discouraged there’s no need to talk defeat.
God will make this trial a blessing and the whole wide world will see.
(See above for details.)