“Make allowance for each other’s faults,
and forgive anyone who offends you.
Remember, the Lord forgave you,
so you must forgive others.”
~Colossians 3:13 NLT, 2nd Ed.~
David‘s eye looks better, not good, just better, after some cleaning-up this morning. He asked me to let you know he will be healing for months and needs your continued prayers. Don’t stop praying for him yet! We appreciate all the prayers for him over the past few months.
Continue to pray for all the victims of the flood. Also, thank God for the churches and members who are still out working in homes today. Many people have been and continue to be so blessed by you. In many cases, the cleanup and gutting had been done, but now it is time for sheetrock, wiring, etc. Pray for all the people who are still out of their homes and have much to do to recover and try to begin a new routine for their lives.
Second Disaster Relief Volunteer Died in Louisiana this Week – http://baptistmessage.com/second-sbc-dr-volunteer-dies-year-serving-louisiana/
Robert Lee Rainey
August 28, 1924 – September 01, 2016
Scripture Writing – Psalm 62:1-4
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Good Imitation” – https://odb.org/2016/09/03/good-imitation/ – Be sure to read this and apply this description to many around us! God blessed us with this very appropriate devotional today! How awesome! What a reminder! Many of us needed to realize what we need to do as Christians.
- You became imitators of us and of the Lord. ~1 Thessalonians 1:6~
- “Rescue the Perishing”
- Sunday School – new literature in the morning.
- Monday – Associational WMU Meeting Monday
- 10 A.M. at New Zion Baptist Church
- Learn about Louisiana Mission Work
- No leadership meeting at 9:00
- Potluck meal follows meeting
- Everyone is welcome.
- Wednesday – Children’s Missions
- 6-7 P.M.
- Location – L-wing
- Fall Food Round-Up continues – Items can be place in the stairwell by the office entrance.
- Operation Christmas Child (shoeboxes) Resources –
- If you have OCC items to turn in, please bring them to my classroom in the morning.
I’m thankful God spared us from a hurricane this week. We are still very much in the recovery period from the floods. Be sure to thank Him.