Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
Times of heartache are opportunities to help people in physical and spiritual ways. This is certainly one of those times in Louisiana!
I have four people who have been very sick I want to suggest you pray for today.
- Sherman Cutrer has been moved from Southwest to North Oaks Rehab. He’s in room 1717 and can have visitors from 4 PM to 9 PM.
- Annette Williams Kaufman, daughter of Rufus and Margie, has had stomach issues for several years. She had again been admitted to the hospital for this problem.
- Mary Estelle Raborn has been sick for quite a while. She’s in specialty hospital in Hammond. Please say a prayer to her this morning,
- Justin Lambert continues to make small steps of improvement. He recently got a wheelchair that allows him to spend some time outside. Getting outside that hospital for brief periods of time surely was a boost to his spirits.
Scripture Writing – 2 Corinthians 4:1-3
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scripture, Quotes, and a Song
- “Remembering” – http://odb.org/2016/08/25/remembering-2/
- I have hidden your word in my heart. Psalm 119:11 Last night, the Children in Action and Mission Friends studied The Lords Prayers. They are hiding this passage in their hearts.
- “He suggests that spiritual disciplines such as reading Scripture, praying, and singing hymns cause truth to become “embedded” in our brains, ready to be accessed when prompted.” ~Our Daily Bread~ “Nothing—not even failing memories—can separate us from His love and care. We have His word on it.” ~Our Daily Bread~
- “He Keeps Me Singing”
Southern Baptist Disaster Relief has completed a number of jobs in our area and is working again today in several places. You are welcome to join them at 7 A.M. any morning at The Lord’s Church. You do not have to be Baptist to receive help. You only need to complete an application and have your problem evaluated. People are coming from many churches. People from many areas are giving. People from our area are benefitting. Don’t miss the opportunity to be blessed.
Find some opportunities and take advantage of this historic flooding to make an eternal difference in/for the people of our communities.