“Encourage those who are timid.
Take tender care of those who are weak.
Be patient with everyone.”
1 Thessalonians 5:14b NLT, 2nd Ed.
Mr. Burnell Simpson was able to come home yesterday, just in time to celebrate his 92nd birthday Tuesday.
Mrs. Estelle Raborn has improved enough to be moved from ICU to a regular room at North Oaks.
Many of you may know Rev. Tommy Hicks and his wife, Lois. She had an infection following dental work that caused her to spent a number of days in the hospital. She is home now. Thursday, he will another back surgery. Pray for both of them as they help each other through these difficult days.
David will be seeing a cornea specialist today and hopefully set up a time and plan for another eye surgery. His road to get his cataracts removed from his eyes has had a number of boulders, not just rocks, but we are making our way around them and hope the end of this journey will be found in the coming months. Please keep praying for him.
St. Helena has a special gathering to honor and pray for local police last night. Due to the rain, they met at FBC, Greensburg. It was a very special time for everyone present. New Zion Baptist Church has made baskets and provided summer beverages for the police in two area towns. The people responded in a great way when given the opportunity to help. I’ve heard many other ways people have shown their appreciation to police officers. I challenge you to do/say something to every police officer you meet this week and over the years to come. I know they will be encouraged by your efforts.
Scripture Writing – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A34-37&version=NIV
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Test Match” – http://odb.org/2016/07/25/test-match/
- How long, Lord, will you look on? Rescue me from their ravages, my precious life from these lions. ~Psalm 35:17~
- “Burdens are Lifted at Calvary”
Operation Christmas Child Ideas for This Week
- Small cars, trucks, tractors, etc.
- $1.00 calculators with solar power (Check the dollar stores)
- Small flashlights and extra batteries
- “Young” Ladies’ Birthday Party – Tuesday at The Cafe at 11:00 A.M.
- Mission Groups for Children (age 3-5th grade) – Wednesday nights at 6 P.M. in the L-wing
- Friday Morning Bible Study – Starting at John 8:21
May you have a blessed day as you remember that your burdens have been lifted.