“Enter through the narrow gate.
For wide is the gate
and broad is the road that leads to destruction,
and many enter through it.
But small is the gate
and narrow the road that leads to life,
and only a few find it.
~Matthew 7:13-14, NIV~
Shelton Day is hospitalized with the threat of a heart attack. Thank God for blood work that sounded an alarm yesterday. Pray for Shelton.
Pray for Jeana, daughter of Ricky and Brenda Russell of Chesbrough. She is hospitalized again. Pray for her family too.
Linda B. Williams has a toe that has become infected since surgery four weeks ago. She hospitalized at St. Tammany. Pray they will soon have her pain and the infection under control.
David and I have had three appointment on three different days this week. The good news is that David’s eyes are healed enough to have glasses for his right eye and a contact for his left eye. We also have an appointment on the 25th to see a cornea specialist concerning the next surgery. Please continue to pray for David and his vision. The good news is that I had a good report on my vision despite watching for some hereditary problems.
Earlo LaBauve was doing very poorly last night. Pray for his family in the coming days.
January 22, 1950 – July 12, 2016
Operation Christmas Child – “Nanor and a Doll” – https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/shoebox-stories-nanor-and-a-doll/
Scripture Writing – Psalm 55:1-8
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Bible Study – Friday at 10 to complete John 7
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “From Mourning to Dancing” – http://odb.org/2016/07/14/from-mourning-to-dancing/
- He has sent me . . . to bestow on [those who grieve] a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning. ~Isaiah 61:1, 3~
- “I’ve Got the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart”
- Lyrics – http://childbiblesongs.com/song-04-ive-got-the-joy-in-my-heart.shtml
- History – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_Got_the_Joy_Joy_Joy_Joy
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxFx8V3DSwc
- I must share that I received so much joy last night working with the children in missions class. What a blessing they were to me last night! Sharing about Jesus and missions was pure joy!
Children on Mission had three new children last night. It is not too late to bring someone to join us from 6-7 P.M. We also had two guests last night, Bubba Roberts with his guitar and harmonica and David Alford with stories of experiences in other countries (like missionaries who sacrifice to share the good news of Jesus).
I am getting good report from the vacation Bible schools this week. My little children be drawn to Jesus through their efforts.