For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
Cindy Knight Edwards‘ surgery went well yesterday. Now, pray for the report she will be waiting to receive.
Macy Gueldner took the last chemo pill Thursday night. Thank you for praying for her during her 941 days of treatment.
Jimmy Williams is coming home from the hospital today. I know Linda will be glad. Thank God for Jimmy’s improvement.
Louisiana House Bill to Protect Pastors – http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=bd94f33605ae55cbd614b6717&id=e283cbe2c0&e=778127713b
Scripture Writing – Psalm 27:1-5
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Ponder Anew – www.patheos.com
Operation Christmas Child will be a six month project this year. The needs for the month of May can be found on the four OCC wreaths hanging at the church. Please do your share by selecting some cards listing purchase needs. Items you purchase can be brought to the Sunday School classroom next to the choir room. Thanks for helping.
Friday Morning Bible Study will be on John 6. Please ask me for a study guide if you didn’t get one yet.
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “The Promised Spirit” – http://odb.org/2016/05/07/the-promised-spirit/
- “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. ~2 Kings 2:9~
- “Breathe on Me”
- Lyrics – http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics-detective-forum/index.php?a=vtopic&t=3368
- History – http://www.gaffneyledger.com/news/2013-02-08/Other_News/Stories_Behind_The_Hymns.html
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87QFHIbPcPk (I think you will be singing the words as she plays this song.)
Make today special for someone.