1 God is our refuge and strength,
ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
One of my childhood friends, Sue Ellen Russell Pearson who grew up at Russelltown, has had her cancer to return. Please pray as she begins treatment again this week.
Pray for Mrs.Juanita Lambert. She is beginning treatment too.
George Pike lost his mother. Her funeral will be Saturday.
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Scripture Writing – Romans 12:1-8
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Minister of Reconciliation” – http://odb.org/2016/01/18/minister-of-reconciliation/
While we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.
- “The Bond of Love”
- Lyrics – http://lyrics.astraweb.com/display/769/hymns..unknown..bond_of_love.html
- History – https://books.google.com/books?id=7IZ_-YerLt0C&pg=PA475&lpg=PA475&dq=History+of+the+hymn+%22We+are+One+in+the+Bond+of+Love%22&source=bl&ots=x0IpX9cCIw&sig=S7t20pBzi9KyozzkAUdM48m4RYE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUq5bY47LKAhVS4mMKHRRUA4MQ6AEIQzAJ#v=onepage&q=History%20of%20the%20hymn%20%22We%20are%20One%20in%20the%20Bond%20of%20Love%22&f=false
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBn7RwLXxXw
- I learned this song from youth when they returned from camp one year.
- We are one, but so ofter there are differences at work, school, in families, and in churches. That’s no what God wants for us.
- Today – WMU memorial service honoring ladies of our association who passed away in 2015. Please join us as we remember Mrs. Hellen Morris and Mrs. Cynthia Smith today. We will meet at 10:00 at East Fork Baptist Church. Family members of both of these ladies have been invited to participate.
- Thursday – Come to the cabin for our monthly Third Thursday gathering. We meet at 6:30.
- Friday – Bible study of John 1 – Fellowship Hall of FBC, K at 10:00 Friday
- Sunday – Blood drive of Mr. James Miller. If you are unable to be in Kentwood that day, you can give at another location and give them Mr. James’ name. If you can give blood in Kentwood, please call the church office at 229-8111 to help make sure the blood service is adequately prepared.
- Tuesday, January 26th – Monthly birthday party for the “Young” ladies of FBC
Have a blessed day! Be a blessing to someone today!