“Call to Me,
I will answer you,
and show you great and mighty things,
which you do not know.”
~Jeremiah 33:3, NKJV~
Continue to pray for Mr. and Mrs. James Miller. Remember the upcoming blood drive. Please call FBC, Kentwood at 229-8111 to sign up. The blood drive will be January 24 from 9:00 to 3:00.
Continue to pray for Mrs. Tulie Dean who is still getting therapy at Hood Memorial.
Pray for Susan Rimes as she continues testing to determine which nerves are causing her problems. Hopefully, this will give her some relief.
Please continue to pray for Harrell Sharkey as he prepared for surgery on Feb. 1.
David and I are very thankful and blessed to share that the spot in his lung is NOT cancer. Please continue to pray as cultures are grown to determine what the problem is. One good thing we have learned is that David can go ahead with the ablation. This morning he will be contacting doctors and “getting that ball rolling” again.
Also, Keith Womack is to have back surgery this week. Let’s pray he will be relieved of the pain when this is done.
Please pray for the Blackwell family. Mr. John Alan lost a sister-in-law. She did not live here, but will be buried here Saturday morning.
August 17, 1952 – January 13, 2016
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Scripture Writing – Hebrews 12:7-13
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Saying Goodbye” – http://odb.org/2016/01/14/saying-goodbye-2/
- No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God. ~ Luke 9:62~
- “Follow On”
- Lyrics – http://www.hymnlyrics.org/newlyrics_f/follow_on.php
- History – http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1801-1900/william-o-cushing-sought-to-follow-christ-11630395.html
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHX_eG-AMc
- I like the “catchy” tune.
- Mostly, I like the message of encouragement.
Don’t forget the Bible study this morning. It is a good day to join the group.