The weather alerts on my phone got me us even earlier than usual. I’m thankful the worst of the weather did not last too long here. Please pray for others who are in the path of the bad weather today.
On coming to the house,
they saw the child with his mother Mary,
and they bowed down and worshiped him.
Then they opened their treasures
and presented him with gifts of gold
and of incense
and of myrrh.
And having been warned in a dream
not to go back to Herod,
they returned to their country by another route.
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “A Place of Shelter” – http://odb.org/2015/12/28/a-place-of-shelter/
- I long to . . . take refuge in the shelter of your wings. ~Psalm 61:4~
(I think a lot of people have been seeking God’s shelter because of the bad weather. How great it would be if all people would seek that shelter on a daily basis!)
- “Safe in the Arms of God” comes to mind. It is one of my favorites, but today, I want to focus on one that is more childlike and also one of my favorites.
- “Peace Like a River”
- Lyrics – http://www.hymnary.org/text/ive_got_peace_like_a_river
- History – http://jsh.christianscience.com/hymns-2016/latest-hymn-preview/i-ve-got-peace-like-a-river
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlZO57W0eE
- Andy Taylor taught this song to my children in Junior Church many years ago. I still lift my foot up to “soul (sole)”. Now you try the motions to this Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2R4D6qhaD8 When you do, I know there will be a smile on your face.
Wear that smile all day. Share it with someone else. Even on out worse days, there is plenty to sing and smile about.