For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government
will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Prince of Peace.
Robert Ricks from Arcola is at M.D. Anderson for a checkup. Join us in praying for a good report again this year.
Brenda Chadwick from the Friendship community has broken a leg in two places. Pray for her as she dealing with moving around over the next couple months. Pray her healing goes well.
Pine Ridge United Methodist Church will have their monthly breakfast a week early. It will be Sunday, the 20th, at 8:00. Your donation will go to the Methodist Children’s Home. We have been attending for a couple years. The food and fellowship are always wonderful! I know I speak for them when I say you are welcome to come join them.
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Read the Bible in 2015 – Revelations 12-17
Scripture Writing – Luke 1:46-50
Third Thursday at the Cabin – We were blessed with another wonderful night. Toni Havlin came, even though she now lives in the Bogalusa area. A friend and neighbor, Sylvia, came for the first time. The music was outstanding! So was the food and fellowship! David led in a sweet, thought-provoking devotional. It’s my favorite night of the month, every month!
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering – “Lesotho” – http://www.imb.org/main/lottie-moon/details.asp?StoryID=13798&LanguageID=1709#.Vm67PGQrLx4
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “The Stones Cry Out” – http://odb.org/2014/12/08/stones-cry-out/ – His story WILL be told!
- I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out. ~Luke 19:40~
- “Go, Tell it on the Mountain”
- Lyrics – http://www.oldielyrics.com/christmas/go_tell_it_on_the_mountain.html
- History – http://www.sharefaith.com/guide/Christian-Music/hymns-the-songs-and-the-stories/go-tell-it-on-the-mountain,-the-song-and-the-story.html
What is Christmas without Jesus? Only another day to buy, sell, and eat! Another self-centered day on planet earth!
Jesus is the reason for the season!
Pray, Give, Send, Go!
- This morning – Bible Study of “John” at 10:00 at FBC,K
- Saturday and Sunday at 6 P.M. – “Majesty of Christmas”, combined choirs of FBC,K and EFBC plus an orchestra.
- Sunday morning at 8 A.M. – Breakfast buffet at Pine Ridge United Methodist Church to benefit the children of the Methodist Children’s Home