“But as it is written:
‘Eye has not seen,
nor ear heard,
nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared
for those who love Him.’”
~1 Corinthians 2:9, NKJV~
Jesus was a big part of the plan.
Let’s celebrate Jesus this holiday season.
It’s called Christmas!
Mr. James Miller was given blood yesterday and will receive more today. Pray for Mr. James and “Miss” Mary as they spend more time with medical people. He has home health also. It has been very good.
Continue to pray for the Eatay family in the loss of an unborn baby and the gift of a Christmas angel!
Read the Bible in 2015 – Nehemiah 5-9 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Nehemiah++5-9&version=NIV
Scripture Writing – Psalm 72:1-7
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Lottie Moon Christmas Offering – “Giving to Send Missionaries” – http://www.imb.org/giving/howmissionsisfunded.aspx#.VmavVGSDGko
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “A Faithful Servant” – http://odb.org/2015/12/07/a-faithful-servant/
- If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. ~1 Peter 4:11~
- “Serve the Lord with Gladness”
- Lyrics – http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics-detective-forum/index.php?a=vtopic&t=9813
- History – http://www.hymnary.org/text/serve_the_lord_with_gladness_in_our_work
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrSW7cbEFmQ Beautiful arrangement!
Bonus Devotional, Scripture, and Song
- “The Perfect Gift” – http://odb.org/2015/12/08/the-perfect-gift/– Great inspiration!
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts. ~Psalm 96:8~
- “Give of Your Best to the Master”
We all have certain days that have special meaning in our lives. Sometimes, it’s good. Sometimes, it’s sad. Today is one of those days for me. My grandmother, Jennie Lee Wilkinson Draughon, passed away early on a Sunday morning. Jennie, my daughter, was almost three and the only great, grandchild. She saw my mother, my two aunts, and I sitting at the breakfast room table. There were tears. Jennie looked around and said, “Why are you crying? “Ganky” is in heaven today!” You can only imagine the smiles, more tears, and and big hugs with kisses she received from everyone.
Heaven is surely a wonderful place to celebrate Christmas!