“Finally, brethren, pray for us,
that the word of the Lord may run swiftly
and be glorified,
just as it is with you.”
~2 Thessalonians 3:1, NKJV~
( I thought this was an appropriate scripture for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering week. It sounds like what missionaries would say to us if they visited in our homes/churches.)
Gloria Gill had a conversion of her heart. It is back in rhythm. If all went well last night, she will be back at home today.
Elaine Tolar Doucette will be having surgery Wednesday morning. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
Joey and Rory let us follow some very difficult days. Your heart will be touched when you read this. http://thislifeilive.com/braver-than-me/
Week of Prayer for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and International Missions: Day 2
“Water of Life” for Central Asians” – http://www.imb.org/main/lottie-moon/details.asp?StoryID=13786#.Vlwkc2SrTx4
Starting tomorrow, I will give you a new option, scripture writing. You’ll need a new notebook or journal. I will give you a list of verses to write each day. The first one is only four verses and takes about half a page/less than ten minutes. I think you will enjoy reading and writing the December scriptures about the birth of Jesus. Be ready to write tomorrow.
Read the Bible in 2015 – Deuteronomy 20-22
Devotional, Scripture, and a Hymn
- “The Heavenly Manifest” – http://odb.org/2015/11/30/the-heavenly-manifest/
- Rejoice that your names are written in heaven. ~Luke 10:20~
- “Face to Face with Christ, My Savior”
- Lyrics – http://library.timelesstruths.org/
- History – http://www.sharefaith.com/guide/Christian-Music/hymns-the-songs-and-the-stories/face-to-face-the-song-and-the-story.html
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGUqqI_ZNE (Here’s another Tennessee Ernie Ford version. I love to hear his voice and hope you do too.)
Thankfulness: Day 30
Today, I’m thankful I don’t have to worry about coming “face to face” with Jesus one day. I hope that as I step up that day that someone like Tennessee Ernie Ford is singing a solo such as “Face to Face with Christ, My Savior”.
How do you feel about coming face-to-face with Jesus?