I posted early this morning, but in pages, not posts. I’m sorry I’m late correcting this mistake. We haven’t been home.
If my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
I think this is surely the proper verse for us today!
We had a good visit in Memphis last week. Macy’s counts were good, so she had a lumbar puncture and chemo. Oh, and she started the dreaded dex (steroids.) She had a rough weekend, but she’s slowly getting better. She has leg pain from the vincristine, and suspected overall bone pain from the dex. Her mouth is FULL of tiny sores, and her doctor thinks that they’re probably down her throat, as well. So we’ll continue with the magic mouthwash, in addition to starting some nystatin.
We’re in Baton Rouge today for clinic. Her counts are good, so she’s about to get her chemo. They also gave her some extra morphine, because she’s miserable. But, no matter how she feels, she’s always in the mood to eat. So, I’m sure she’ll have a good day tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!
Please add Nyla Price to your prayer list. She is in North Oaks with a problem with her esophagus.
Born: June 19, 1935
Died: November 24, 2015
Born: August 15, 1978
Died: November 24, 2015
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Read the Bible in 2015 – Ecclesiastes 11-12
Devotional, Scriptures, and a Song
- “No Peas” – http://odb.org/2015/11/26/no-peas/
- In every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. ~Philippians 4:6~ Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. ~Psalm 118:1~
- “Give Thanks (with a Grateful Heart)”
- Lyrics – http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/donmoen/givethanks.html
- History – http://www.sowingseedsoffaith.com/blog/give-thanks-with-a-grateful-heart/ (What a testimony!)
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxmSAqMtDA
Thankfulness: Day 26
I am thankful to Jesus for all He has done for me, my family, my friends, my country, etc. I’m just thankful. Yesterday, a number of my friends shared their favorite songs. Each time, I thought to myself, “Yes, that is my favorite”. As I thought about it some more, I think my thankful goes back to God. Thanks to Will Ricks for reminding me of “Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart”.
Spend as much time being thankful today as you do eating!