Wednesday Evening

Mrs. Rebecca Moak

Just a note to let you know and everyone keep praying for the coming days for me and my family. My grandma is coming home today with hospice. Her body is not responding to any medication anymore.

Stephanie McKenzie

Beverly Jean Smith 
(November 9, 1965 – March 12, 2012)

A resident of Kentwood, she died at 8:47 p.m. on Monday, March 12, 2012 at North Oaks Medical Center in Hammond. She was born November 9, 1965 in New Orleans and was 46 years of age. She is survived by her mother, Grace Smith, Kentwood. Preceded in death by her father, Clifton Smith; grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Foster and Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Smith. Visitation at New Zion Baptist Church, Kentwood, from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursday and from 8 a.m. until religious services at 11 a.m. on Friday, March 16, 2012. Services conducted by Rev. Larry Blades. Interment New Zion Cemetery, Kentwood. McKneely Funeral Home, Kentwood, in charge of arrangements. For an online guestbook, visit

  • Had the biopsy yesterday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you it’s not painful. They were able to pull off 4 liters of fluid from my abdomen. It will come back, but at least I know they can do something about that. The doctor may have the reports on Friday. If not, then I will go see him Wednesday of next week. Keep me on your prayer list. Thanks! Marsha

 Jadon Pailet

Detroit Results!!

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 04:41 PM PDT

I had a GREAT trip to Detroit. We did not get to stay at the Ronald McDonald House this time because of our flight time. We stayed at a hotel by the airport which was alot of fun. They had a swimming pool and I got in it everyday. I left you a picture of me swimming. I just love the water!!! I received AWESOME news in Detroit. The first test I had done was a CT scan. I saw my neurosurgeon after the test. He said that my CT looked great. I didn’t have any fluid build up. This is great news because it means I do not need another surgery!!!! The neurosurgeon said I’m doing great and I will continue to get better. The next day I had my 2 hour EEG. I did fairly well while they put the leads on this time. I usually scream the entire time. They swaddled me up( see pic) and I actually did better this way. Once they hooked me up is when it began. I did not want the leads on my head. I keep pulling at them the entire time. I finally fell asleep for a little while but I didn’t sleep long. I then woke up and was back at trying to get it off. It was a long 2 hours. The great news is that my EEG was normal. YES I went 2 hours without having a seizure while hooked up to EEG. I can remember a time when they needed me to go 2 hours for a test. They tried for 3 days and I never went 2 hours without having seizure activity. So yes we are very excited that my EEG was normal. That means I have gone over 2 months without having a seizure. It unbelievable but with the help of God and the doctors at Detroit Children’s Hospital, I have been given a new life. I can’t tell you how grateful I am for meeting this neurologist that saved me from these seizures. Him and his staff are totally amazing. I can’t say enough about how awesome they are!!!! After my EEG we met with my neurologist. You know Dr. Rockstar!!! He was very pleased with my progress. He said I’m doing amazingly well. I gave him a high five with my right hand. I said some words for him. I even reached out for him to hold me and he took me right away. You see I told you he was AMAZING!!! He said that I am doing extremely well but that we haven’t seen anything yet. He said just wait and watch what I’m going to do. It’s going to be great. He talked about me going to school and that I may even be able to go to college one day. He said we need to have high expectations so that I can reach my maximum potential. He said that since I haven’t had any seizures so far it is unlikely that we will ever see another seizure again. Can you believe that? No more seizures. Words can’t describe how awesome we feel. I have to stay on my seizure medicine as a precaution for a year. If I’m still not having any seizures next January, he will take me off my last seizure medicine. By the way I’m only on 1 very small pill so I really don’t mind taking it. We will have to go back to Detroit in July. At that time they will do a MRI with DTI testing which will show exactly what has transferred to my right side. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers. I do not believe we would be where we are today if we didn’t have everyone praying for me. Thank you for being a part of the miraculous experience. Please keep praying for me and I can’t wait to show you what I’m going to do next. Oh and by the way I’m now saying over 40 words. Yes I know unbelievable!!!!



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s