No one who denies the Son has the Father;
whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Our granddaughter, Peyton Alford, had a good half-day of school yesterday, so she will get to go a full day today and to begin to do all that make-up work that comes with missing a week of school.
Born: August 14, 1937
Died: November 08, 2015
Baptist Press – bpnews.net
Read the Bible in 2015 – 2 Chronicles 33-36
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “Gentle Lights” – http://odb.org/2015/11/10/gentle-lights/
- Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. ~Matthew 5:16~
- “Heavenly Sunlight” (This hymn was a regular in my life for many years. I love the words and the melody.)
- Lyrics – http://www.hymnary.org/text/walking_in_sunlight_all_of_my_journey
- Origin – http://bonnieruth.blogspot.com/2013/07/songs-for-sunday-heavenly-sunlight.html
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIOACyEd9xQ George Beverly Shea
Thankfulness: Day 10
Today, I’m thankful for all of God’s creation, including the sun. I am not one who enjoys the heat of the year or getting a sunburn, but have an appreciation for the light. I love the order of the days and seasons. I’m thankful for the sunshine that returns each day. Even more than that, I’m thankful for the “Sonshine” in my life.
- Lottie Moon Christmas Tea – Sunday at 2 P.M. at FBC, Kentwood. This is for ladies from 3-103 and throughout the association. Contact me for more information.
- Friday Morning Bible Study – 10 A.M. at FBC, Kentwood. We will be studying the Syrophonecian Woman who is discussed in Matthew 20 and Mark 15. We are almost finished with our study of Women of the Bible. We are choosing our next topic now.
- Stamped Christmas Cards for Prisoners – Each year the women of Two Rivers Baptist Association collect these to give to the parish prisoners of St. Helena and Tangipahoa parishes. I have a supply of card that were given to me, so all you have to do to help is bring a book(s) of stamps. I will deliver them to the jail at the end of the month. You can bring your stamps to me at the Lottie Moon Tea Sunday or any time before the end of the month. If you choose, you can stamp your own cards and decide between delivering them yourself or having me deliver them for you. I’m sure the family members who receive cards at Christmas are thankful for them and appreciative of those who provided them.
Let the Son shine through you today!